Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Consumer Credit Union another amateur!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 1830 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I applied for Consumer Credit Union membership a couple of times. I failed the security question. Thanks for someone gave me customer service email contact. I contacted her last night after I failed the security question. She sent me an email to ask for a copy of SSN card and 2 copy of utility bills. I told her the utility bills is not under my name. I asked her to see if I sent her bank statements, credit cards statements and auto insurance bills to proof my identity and residency. She told me those don't proof anything. It can be changed. She need me to send her W-2 forms with income tax income returns. I didn't ask for the credit card. I am not borrowing any money. I just opened the checking and savings. I already uploaded the picture of my DL along my application. It is too much trouble to join this CU. Forget it!!!!

Ron.

I applied for Consumer Credit Union membership a couple of times. I failed the security question. Thanks for someone gave me customer service email contact. I contacted her last night after I failed the security question. She sent me an email to ask for a copy of SSN card and 2 copy of utility bills. I told her the utility bills is not under my name. I asked her to see if I sent her bank statements, credit cards statements and auto insurance bills to proof my identity and residency. She told me those don't proof anything. It can be changed. She need me to send her W-2 forms with income tax income returns. I didn't ask for the credit card. I am not borrowing any money. I just opened the checking and savings. I already uploaded the picture of my DL along my application. It is too much trouble to join this CU. Forget it!!!!

Ron.

:lol:

OMG.

Ron.

Now that's pain in the flowers..

They already pulled HP both chexsystem and TU for ID. I already uploaded the picture of DL to show address and DOB. It wasn't enough.

Ron.

Ron.

:lol:

OMG.

That's one should be #1.

Ron.

I recently had a great experience with Consumers CU and I wanted to share my results. I haven't read or heard much about them.

Membership - TU HP - I forget my exact FICO 8 score but I was in the 750's when I applied.

Auto Loan - Refi @ 2.49% APR - They refinanced a car loan that I received about a month and a half earlier from NASA FCU which was about 2X the interest rate They also said I was approved for the Visa Siggy card at their best rate which is 11.24 after relationship discount or something like that. The best part is that the card currently has a 2.99% APR on BT and Cash Advances for 12 months. I went ahead and took out $5K to payoff some other higher interest loans. I'll take a dip in FICO scores for the UTL uptick but I will also be able to payoff my debt a lot faster. The best part is all I had to do was email my contact there and she moved the $5K to my checking account.

The rewards on the card aren't bad as they are 3-2-1 - Currently, I do not have anything higher than 1.5% CB. So getting 3% CB on groceries / convenience stores is a definite welcome.

I did 100% of this over email with a dedicated person who knows my accounts and can expedite things. That is priceless to me as my time is very important to me.

Bottomline... if you have high interest rate debt and your current BT's are for CC's only then this is a great option. No cash advance fee and 2.99% for 12 months. It's a no brainer!!! What struck me as odd was the fact that I just opened 7 or 8 new accounts in the last 60 days and those were all reporting when they approved me for the car loan and the CC. The Visa Siggy CC was a surprise out of left field.

Edited by FixnCred

LoL...

Guess I am glad I didn't stop in. I was going to stop in the other day when I was up in Libertyville but my meetings went over and I wanted to get to the Southside before rush hour.

I fail to see the humor. Is there something funny about being a permanent resident? Or is offering a permanent residency card as a form of identification funny? Or is it funny that a financial institution prefers to accept a government issued identification card?

For the record I do not live in Illinois nor am a member of this credit union.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I fail to see the humor.

The OP was ran through the wringer - copy of DL, SSN, multiple copies of utility bills, etc.

I've been to this CU before in my business travels and find it ironic Ron1 was subjected to such scrutiny. I first noticed all of the signs in the CU location were bilingual, Spanish first. Seeing the customer base in person, I wondered if a number of their customers can pass the same level of scrutiny that Ron1 was subjected to. My answer is no.

The last post in this topic was posted 1830 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.