Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Banks & Their Denial Reasons

The last post in this topic was posted 2397 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

One of my friends have 2 Citibank credit cards. She requested a credit line increase, but they denied her request due to too many recently opened accounts. So she applied for a different credit card and they gave her an instant approval with a $20,000 limit. That makes no sense to me. No we won't increase your existing limit, but sure, we will give you a third credit card?

Banks and their denial reasons..... *shakes head*

New cards are approved through the office next door in the bank. The right hand and the left hand have different ideas about risk.

Credit card executives get bonuses based on how many new accounts are established.

They don't get bonuses for the volume of CLIs that existing customers receive.

Credit card executives get bonuses based on how many new accounts are established.

They don't get bonuses for the volume of CLIs that existing customers receive.

Hmmmmm. Intresting twist. Just had the same happen to me at barclays... my Sallie Mae is one of my lowest limit cards.. I asked for a bump.. got nothing. Tried for the United card... got 10k limit. 5x my Sallie Mae card.

Denial reason #1. It's Monday...

Denial reason #2. It's not Monday...

On point.

I've always wondered about this. Is it a general consensus here that it's easier to get a new card from the same issuer than it is to get a CLI of the same amount?

I got denied for the Discover card a little over a month ago. I read somewhere on here that they'll send an invitation for the secured card once denied. A few weeks ago, I received a pre-approval for the same card. This time however, I was approved. I'm upset that I wasted an inquiry, but thrilled about the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that its initially easier to get approved for a card then get getting a cli on it.

Edited by Captivated

I believe that its initially easier to get approved for a card then get getting a cli on it.

See post #4.

The last post in this topic was posted 2397 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.