Sign in to follow this  
mikeb52385

Help!!! Verizon Wireless

Hello everyone, I was hoping i could get some friendly advise from anyone who has been in the same or a similar type situation as myself. I have this pesky little collection that has occurred from VW after my switch to t mobile. I have had multiple conversations with Verizon as well as their collection agency Diversified consultants. Neither company is willing to honor or even acknowledge that a PFD option is even valid. The account was supposed to be canceled when the switch to t mobile happened. Either way i am more then willing to pay what they claim that i owe them. I have offered to pay in full the amount to both companies if they would agree to delete the charge and surprise but no one will budge. I have disputed the charges because i did not authorize them to keep my account open. Also the collection agency is trying to collect an amount of $336. That is more then I currently owe. I have finally got diversified Con to stop calling me 3 times a day. My question is when you look at the the dates that it shows the account was opened and see that TU has a different date then the other 2, is that considered inaccurate reporting. If anyone has had any luck in removing an item such as this, Any advise would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mike

mike.png

You must have missed the almost daily threads on Verizon wireless lately... They won't do a PFD and they are generally pretty good at providing info to the CRA's on disputes. So with that said your chances of actually removing it totally stand around 1% if its a valid debt which it appears it is.

If you told them to close account and they left it open and are billing you for it I would first complain to your states public utilities commission, then the FTC, as well as the FCC, and I would through the BBB in as well. I would get some higher ups email addresses at VZW as well, blast them with an email before each complaint, always be courteous and ask them for their help in coming to a prompt and proper conclusion. I stated that filing complaints was not the way I liked to do business, but dealing with your employees has not provided a solution. After a couple of complaints the same lady that told me they would never remove the TL from my reports had to call me and say that it was being removed immediately.

Go get em. Tommy

When you left Verizon did you port your numbers over to the other carrier? If so, I would check into that because when another phone carrier requests a port of a number the carrier that is releasing the number auto cancels that line on the account. Its an automatic process and there is no need for a manual cancelation at that point. If you got new phone numbers at t mobile than it is your responsibility to call the carrier your leaving to cancel.

Edited by bozzburg

Did Verizon hit you with an early termination fee for breaking the contract early?

If you are not in contract - you can try porting back to Verizon. They will do a hard pull and you will get transferred to someone to pay off the balance -- find out if the person is an actual VZ employee. If they are you may have a chance at having the negative removed.

Again your own results may vary. This is just a working theory I can't fully confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also on the dates being different, this is very common as EQ and EX always put the first of the month and TU puts the actual date.