What am I missing from my credit card mix?

Movado

The last post in this topic was posted 2956 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello everyone,

I have slowly improved my scores since joining this board and reading all the great information. Lots of amazing advice and support.

I have over the past year or so added to my card collection and have been fortunate to get some cards I thought I would not have been able to get. Here is my current list of cards and was wondering what I could add that would meet my rewards/cash back needs based on my spending habits.

So my needs/spending habits are as follows in order of spending.

So preference is Cash back/points on

Groceries

Gas

Restaurants - fast food would be nice as well

Travel

Online purchases - department stores

Lowes - Home Depot - hardware stores

Entertainment - movies

So here is my current card list oldest to newest

Chase slate 12K limit

Citi diamond preferred 7500

NFCU cash rewards 1.5% All 20k

Amex costco 3% gas 2% travel restaurants 1 % all else 17k

Penfed platinum signature rewards points card 5pt gas 3 pt groceries 1 pt all else 10k

Penfed Amex 5 points airfare 1 pt all else 9500

I have considered BCP, chase freedom, Discover IT.

any other recommendations for my situation as a best next card or cards?

My scores range from 705-760 depending on bureau and using 08 or other model. All fico scores.

Utilization around 13%

Please let me know if I'm missing anything that would help

Thank you for your advice and time!!

Amex BCP and Barclay Sallie Mae really has you taken care of on gas, groceries and amazon (what cant you buy on amazon?). BCP is 6% up to 6500 on groceries and gas. Sallie mae is 5% on groceries and gas up to 250/mo and 750/mo on amazon. I found a Credit Union that offers 2% on utilities. My next card will be the Fidelity Amex that offers 2% on every purchase with no limits.

i think some people get the Chase Freedom and Discover it because the do rotating restaurant categories on different intervals. I could be wrong because I don't eat out much thus i don't care.

Can you PC that slate? That card is useless after first year.

Edited by Navistar

i think some people get the Chase Freedom and Discover it because the do rotating restaurant categories on different intervals. I could be wrong because I don't eat out much thus i don't care.

Can you PC that slate? That card is useless after first year.

I was looking at the Freedom and Discover IT cards because of the rotating categories and only use them on categories I spend on but not sure that is the route I need first yet.

BCP seems like a strong contender to my mix.

I am not sure if I can PC the Slate but I keep it because of the offers i get for 0% BTs which i may need and have used in the past and its my oldest card.

I will have to look into the Sallie Mae card. I have two small school loans with Sallie Mae as well.

Thank you for the input I really appreciate it.

If you like your Slate, by all means keep it. You can have more than 1 Chase. I do know from experience that you can PC that citi diamond into Dividend which also gets rotating categories like the freedom and it. I also kept membership date.

Thank you for the advice!! I will look into the Dividend card and also the US Bank card which seems like a good option.

I think you have to apply in person for the US Bank card. Not sure if that's an issue for where you live.

My spouse has this card... there's a US Bank mini-branch inside a grocery store, not far from our house.

The last post in this topic was posted 2956 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.