Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Looking for higher limits at NFCU -- what should I apply for?

The last post in this topic was posted 2219 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I currently have both a NFCU platinum VISA and a platinum MC. One has a limit of $25k and the other is $24k.

I'm looking to apply for either NavChek or the Flagship rewards card. I should note that I'm definitely applying for their business card first, as it doesn't report to personal reports. I'm not sure how their max exposure is calculated or if they include their PGed business cards in that calculation, but would it be best to apply everything and just see what happens? Or, would the Flagship card not help me in my quest for high limits seeing as I already have two personal cards?

I'm not sure what you mean.

If your goal is higher limits... Why not re-allocate the limit from one card to the other?

That would put you at $49,000 on a single card. Max limit is $50,000 for all cards except for Flagship...Which is $80,000.

You could always PC one of them to the Flagship, close the second card and move the limit to the Flagship and CLI from there.

As Matti said, the max CL on the Flagship is $80K and on the others $50K, so you would already be almost at the max after combining limits.

The max on the LOC is only $15K BTW and is not counted as part of CC exposure.

I currently have both a NFCU platinum VISA and a platinum MC. One has a limit of $25k and the other is $24k.

I'm looking to apply for either NavChek or the Flagship rewards card. I should note that I'm definitely applying for their business card first, as it doesn't report to personal reports. I'm not sure how their max exposure is calculated or if they include their PGed business cards in that calculation, but would it be best to apply everything and just see what happens? Or, would the Flagship card not help me in my quest for high limits seeing as I already have two personal cards?

You have to fill out a personal financial statement for there business loans (CC, LOC, etc) once you go over the 10K request. There business division isn't connected to the personal side. They do separate credit pulls, have different score qualifications, etc.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my question (long day!)

Between the three of you, all of my questions were answered! I wasn't sure if they counted the Navchek as CC exposure. I think I'm going to re-allocate my limits to the Flagship. And thanks, Oil, for the reminder about the 10k limit for docs on the business card!

I'm not sure what you mean.

If your goal is higher limits... Why not re-allocate the limit from one card to the other?

That would put you at $49,000 on a single card. Max limit is $50,000 for all cards except for Flagship...Which is $80,000.

Is $50k still the highest limit for the none Flagship rewards card? I have $25k on my Cash Rewards and want a CLI. I'm unsure how to approach the CLI. $50k would me amazing!

The last post in this topic was posted 2219 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MistralsDaughter
      I am the newest girl in navy blue!

Totally giddy. I read so many great things about NFCU here.

Just got off the phone with the recruiter's office which is open 24/7.

My mom is a DoD civilian at Vandenburg.

How long to wait until I should apply for a CC or CLOC? And which one(s)?

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance!
    • By doodlebear88
      So I have a question regarding taking advantage of a balance transfer offer on my new NFCU Flagship Visa Sig account. There's an offer of 0% APR on BTs for 12 months.

I've never used a credit card for the purpose of doing a BT so I'm just trying to get an idea of how it works. Say I want to transfer a balance of $280 onto the card but before the transfer is actually completed/posted I have a payment due on the account for $30 and I pay it. Will the transfer when it goes through just be auto adjusted to the current balance on the card that I'm transferring from? Or will the overpaid amount be held and applied to future purchases?

i know this is probably a stupid question but again, I've never used a credit card for balance transfer purposes.

thanks for the help in advance!
    • By doodlebear88
      So I told myself I would be staying away from apps for a while but I received an email on the 24th of feb saying I had been pre approved for the Flagship Visa Signature Rewards card. I immediately got excited and started the app but then realized I had added a few inquiries by applying for navcheck and discover it (which I got approved for with a starting limit of $1800) so I was hesitant thinking my score might have been higher when they checked for pre approval qualification vs dropping a few points from recent Inqs.

But then I figured wth and filled it out. Waited a couple of days and kept checking the status and it said review in process. Finally three days after submitting the app I got a phone call and they needed income verification. After a super friendly phone call the lady said she sent my app back to a credit and lending agent and I should check back. I knew it wouldn't get a decision over the weekend so I didn't check and then I figured I'd give it all of Monday (today) and as I'm eating dinner I realized I hadn't checked the status for a while. Logged in expecting either a denial or review message and lo and behold approved for the starting minimum limit of $5k

Plan on taking advantage of it for BT purposes and to help with util. This is one of my higher limit cards and lowest interest rates so I'm pretty excited. All the rebuilding work is definitely paying off.
    • By me_jo
      I requested a line at the 15 k max. Today I received a message it has conditionally been approved. I called a rep and they indicated I just needed to send over two pay stubs.... The email did not state if it was approved for the full 15 K. Does this mean after they receive the pay stubs that they still may do a counter offer?

Thanks!
    • By BamaInvestor
      I was wondering if it is possible to have two NAVchek LOC's. I have one LOC attached to one checking account and have OOPS (Optional Overdraft Protection Service) on the other. I would like to have a LOC attached to the second account. Thoughts?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ColoBKatty
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines