Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

The last post in this topic was posted 2409 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I applied for financing through a dealer. The rate offered through their main bank was worse than my current loan. I declined the offer and arranged financing through my CU at a much lower interest rate.

A few weeks later I received a letter in the mail from the bank through the dealer telling me "we are unable to approve your request", and goes on to list the reasons why.

So, my question is, are banks required to send this notice by law regardless of why the loan was not carried forward? Just seemed to me that the letter is indicating that I wasn't credit worthy, when I really am, and truth is it was me who declined them, not this way around.

If you're approved but not at their best APR, that's still adverse action based on your credit report, so the letter has to be sent.

So, my question is, are banks required to send this notice by law

Yes.

If a loan is submitted on your behalf, and not approved as submitted, then the lender is required to send you an Adverse Action Notice.

Also, in this case, the Dealership would have been required to present you with an Adverse Action Notice.

The last post in this topic was posted 2409 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By funkiehouse
      You'll never finding a bank doing anything like this. Just another reason to join a CU.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article4381328.html

• By Quietman
      Whoo Hoo!

DW was just approved for NASA Visa Platinum Rewards, $13K, 9.9%

I'm trying to make sure she has a complete credit profile, she has no credit unions yet. Although, she was just accepted to Navy FCU (based on my membership). CC application there is "pending".

Her FICO scores:

Exp : 789
      TU : 798
      Eq : 806

The NASA HP has not shown up yet, but I'm guessing it will be Experian like mine was.

GIFSoup
    • By Daphne954
      In 12/2011, I received an auto loan from Santander. Long story short, the dealership falsified documents to get me the loan. After speaking with a friend, I decided to get another car and got approved for another auto loan with Honda Financial with a lower payment, which I have made all my payments on time. I later received claim documents from my insurance company at the time about an accident on 5/22/2013, that I know never took place. I called my insurance company and they told me Santander filed the claim. I called Santander, and found out Santander for some reason, called my insurance company and filed a "loan servicer claim" on 5/22/2013 for damages on the car. The catch is... the car was still in my possession until 6/2/2013, which was a week after I called to surrender the car. I was so confused and they couldn't give me an answer as to why they did it, and I kept getting the run around from Santander and my insurance company. Just a big hot diddly mess.

I want to dispute it because it is the biggest factor affecting my reports. They are showing in the report as a default on auto loan and not a voluntary surrender or repossession. The account was charged-off 6/2013. The TL is still fresh, but I'm think with all the inconsistencies and things that have happened while I had this car, that I might somehow have a case. I live in Florida, and if I can recall the SOL is 5 years for written contracts.

Should I start a dispute, do a PFD or just hire a lawyer to help solve this? I'm not looking for any settlement from this issue. I just want it off my credit reports.
    • By Menta33
      I joined the Jacksonville Historical Society which was supposedly in the field of membership, but never got application approved. Never got any notice as to why, they don't return my phone calls. Has anyone had success getting into this CU while not living or working in their Florida area of membership? They offer free outgoing wire transfers for members age 50+.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pestjuke
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines