Second DV - same response. Now what

The last post in this topic was posted 2518 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Disputing a verizon account I've never had through AFNI - I've sent them TWO DV letters, they keep sending me back the same thing which is some bill from Verizon with no details, just my name and the balance. I've never had a verizon account and I sent them a letter back stating that the last time. It is not mine! I want this collection OFF of my reports. Since they apparently can't understand what I'm telling them, what do I do now?

They are validating inaccurate info that is adversely affecting my credit reports. Will a 623 letter work in this case?

623 letters are for OC's only, and Verizon is not reporting.

Deleted addresses fron your CR, and disputed with the CRA?

In my opinion, far too many pepole go directly to the furnisher without first arcing via the CRA. Delete old addresses first.

Reporting on all three, or just one?

Reporting on all three. yes on the addresses and yes, I disputed online with the CRAs ...they just told me the account had been verified. I can't get rid of this. I asked them for proof that it was my account - a contract, a signature, something. They haven't given me that (obviously because it doesn't exist!)

Reporting on all three. yes on the addresses and yes, I disputed online with the CRAs ...they just told me the account had been verified. I can't get rid of this. I asked them for proof that it was my account - a contract, a signature, something. They haven't given me that (obviously because it doesn't exist!)

I got rid of AFNI with a BBB complaint. I had sent multiple letters that were ignored.

Sounds like you CAN get rid of it, but clearly they've been supremely stubborn so far. How about a BBB complaint, like the poster below?

I got rid of AFNI with a BBB complaint. I had sent multiple letters that were ignored.

The CRAs don't have to prove it is yours or send you any documentation.

I meant my letters to AFNI were ignored.

I meant my letters to AFNI were ignored.

I meant to reply / quote post #3

Cv I disputed with AFNI first, then when I sent the second letter to them I sent the dispute to the CRAs stating that they weren't able to give me the info I asked for, and that it be removed. I asked AFNI for proof, not the CRAs. They just keep sending me the same page with my name and a balance on it, which doesn't prove anything.

Cv I disputed with AFNI first, then when I sent the second letter to them I sent the dispute to the CRAs stating that they weren't able to give me the info I asked for, and that it be removed. I asked AFNI for proof, not the CRAs. They just keep sending me the same page with my name and a balance on it, which doesn't prove anything.

What are you expecting from a DV? The bar for validation is really low.

The only thing I can think is that maybe Verizon is billing me for someone else's balance due to change of address or something? I do know that when we moved into our current house almost 6 years ago, the previous owners had Verizon fios and a few months after we moved in - Verizon people showed up at the door to remove their equipment they said the previous owners never turned in. The bill is $156 so that kind of makes sense. We had TWC when we moved in until about 2 years ago when I decided to go with Verizon fios myself - you would think that if I were in their system as a previous customer with a collection, they never would've given me service.

Maybe I should just call Verizon. The "validation" they keep sending me doesn't even state what the balance is for - no details...so I don't know what service this bill is associated to.

If Verizon assigned [and not sold] the account to AFNI, they still own it. You can send them a strongly worded 623 letter [i would send CMRRR to their corporate counsel] asking them to investigate their FCRA violation, indicating the account is not yours. State if they do not remove the account from your reports, you'll file complaints with your state attorney general and the CFPB.

I've gotten 3 collection accounts with inaccurate info removed using the 623 letter. If a CRA dispute is unsuccessful, the 623 is essentially asking the OC if they want to continue to violate federal law, and affirms what you will do if they don't correct the error.

No. send a FACTA letter to Verizon. ( fair and accurate credit transaction act. ) covers ID theft.

RE Account # ___________________

Dear ( original lender name )

I recently found the following account listed by a collection agency on my report that lists you as the original creditor of the account, and I have been contacted by _________________ and am being harassed for an account that isn't mine.

(list out how it is reporting who called, what DV information they supplied if any)

I am disputing the above mentioned account under FACTA rules and regulations. I believe that this may be a result of ID theft

I have never had an account with your firm, and don't understand why a collection agency would be reporting such to my credit files, or calling me.

Please supply all account records , including personal addresses, Billing addresses, copy of account application with Signature and history of transactions and payments.

Please provide the name of the bank these payments were drawn from ( the issuing bank) .

I do not recall the mentioned account, and if your Bank has Assigned or sold an account to a collection agency that was a result of ID theft, your firm will have to recall the account under Federal law.

If you do not supply the requested and statutorily required information, I will file complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and turn this matter over to an attorney for review and legal action.

Attached is a copy of my Driver lic, and utility bill confirming my address - the last 4 digits of my SS # are xxxx.

Eagerly Awaiting your Reply,

Never failed yet.

Just remember that you can't claim ID theft if it is in fact, an account that was yours.

If you honestly don't remember, you can make a inquiry under FACTA rules, but you should never go the whole nine yards with the ID theft affidavit and FTC complaint Police report.

Falsely claiming ID theft to get out a debt is a Felony

The last post in this topic was posted 2518 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.