Sign in to follow this  
luckycharm

Santander Repo

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me, Im in desperate need. I have a collection/charge off on my credit report that I have disputed a few times over the years but it seems to always update with the incorrect information. I brought a car with Drive Financial in January of 2005, I guess it transfered over to Santander. The car was reposessed in 2007 (not sure of the month) and charged off in March of 2008. This is a lender credit report so maybe the dates will actually show correct on a standard credit report. The Reported date is incorrect and has been incorrect for many years. Are they in violation? Should I DV Santander?? Also, ACCL FIN SOL brought the Santander account (Im assuming) and those dates are also incorrect. Should I DV ACCL FIN SOL?? This is the 2nd collection agency that brought this account, the other agency is no longer showing on my report. What is my best plan of action? I am trying to buy a house, but with this on my credit my FICO is not high enough. I hope someone can chime in on my situation. THANKS!!

Creditor RPTD Last Acct Opnd Limit Balance Owning Amount Past Due

ACCL FIN SOL 14-May 10/13 9384 9384 9384

Collection 12 Santander Auto Loan

Santander Consumer 09/12 09/12 01/05 16225 0 0

Edited by luckycharm

You don't DV an OC.

Good luck with this. I've been trying to get some late payments removed for more than 2 years with no luck. Santander is tough to deal with.

Judging by the dates you have above, it sounds like the Santander account is about due to fall off as obsolete. What do your reports show as the fall off date?

Santander is awful. My DH had to do more than one nutcase call to them to get incorrect info off. Never so happy than to get rid of them. Probably not helpful...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for responding. I think they will fall off soon, but they are reporting incorrect dates. I would like them to to fall off sooner than later. And the Collection Agency dates are incorrect also. I think I will DV the collection agency, this is making my credit look worse than it already is :(

When it gets close to the limit and you're not sure the dates are correct anyway, a simple dispute to the CRA as obsolete may get it deleted.

Dispute Based on incorrect reporting Info AKA DOFD, Knowing what month you missed your first payment will speed this up a bit.

I had a santander repo fall off earlier this year after arguing that it was out of sol. It was a fight for years. Fyi, drive finance was included in a class action suit- you may have been within the dates for that.