Sign in to follow this  
inoubliable

How long until Barclay updates from payments made?

I made a hefty payment (considering the credit limit, anyway) last Wednesday. It's cleared my bank and says it was processed on their website, but the available credit has remained the same. Does anyone know when those funds become available? There's a good chance we have to take a trip out of town later in the week, and I'd want to use this card.

I make them online, and as long as it's before 7pm it's posted the same day and that "amount" becomes available the next.

Hmm. I did the same, made it online in the morning. Guess I'll have to make the hubby call when he gets home.

Edit: The "current balance" reflects the payment made, it's the "available credit" that isn't showing the payment.

Edited by inoubliable

If you have high util on that card and make a larger than normal payment, Barclay's does hold the payment ... I have had it happen to me and there are threads on here about it. If memory serves me right the hold is for 5 business days. Of course, YMMV.

Edited by Frank13

Ohhhh. Well maybe that explains it. It was almost maxed out, and we made a payment of a couple hundred dollars rather than the minimum. Wish I'd known that. I would have made the payment to another card. *sigh* I'll still have hubby call tonight and see if they can help.

Ohhhh. Well maybe that explains it. It was almost maxed out, and we made a payment of a couple hundred dollars rather than the minimum. Wish I'd known that. I would have made the payment to another card. *sigh* I'll still have hubby call tonight and see if they can help.

Yeah if the payment was larger than normal or large in general it's not uncommon for that to happen. Also, Paying down the balance will greatly help scores.

I made a payment online and it posted next day for me. But I am waiting for it to show up as paid on my CR's so I can start requesting some CLI's.