Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Question: AA & The $2 Reporting To Your CR

The last post in this topic was posted 2215 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I know for the maximum fico store for utilization that your supposed to let 1 account post at a $2 balance.

Wont a creditor get spooked though if you use your card for only $2 every month, pif and rinse and repeat.?

Will this cause AA if you only spend $2 in these cycles?

You don't have to spend $2, you have to let $2 report.

Only Amex is known to FR and take AA for $2 balances reporting. :rofl:

jk, don't get paranoid! :P

Edited by mendelssohn

I let $2 report on my Amex once and the next day there was my cat on the front porch.

Dead.

I let $2 report on my Amex once and the next day there was my cat on the front porch.

Dead.

That reminds me of a story about my turtle...

:lol:

Dead.

:(:(:(

Just curious how many people actually play this game on a regular basis? I'm an admitted junky for the credit game but man what an inconvenience. Get statement, pay balance, repeat for me. Maybe if I was shopping a mortgage or something but on a regular basis?

Just curious how many people actually play this game on a regular basis? I'm an admitted junky for the credit game but man what an inconvenience. Get statement, pay balance, repeat for me. Maybe if I was shopping a mortgage or something but on a regular basis?

Paying a couple of days before the statement closes is no more inconvenient than paying after it closes. Once a month does it, either way.

It's safer too, because it means you've always got an extra 30 days just in case a payment gets misdirected.

For example, if you are given 20-25 days from the statement closing to pay, you now have 50-55 days from closing instead. You would have to miss two payments in a row to be late.

Paying a couple of days before the statement closes is no more inconvenient than paying after it closes. Once a month does it, either way.

It's safer too, because it means you've always got an extra 30 days just in case a payment gets misdirected.

For example, if you are given 20-25 days from the statement closing to pay, you now have 50-55 days from closing instead. You would have to miss two payments in a row to be late.

Yep, that's why I like to PIF before the statement closes. It's no more difficult to manage than paying a statement balance.

The last post in this topic was posted 2215 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.