Approved for Tobyhanna FCU 10K Premier Visa - TU only, BK, Chex and Baddies-Friendly and ANYONE can join!

Under500FICO

The last post in this topic was posted 2719 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I got an alert from protectmyid. Tobyhanna Freedom Unlimited reported CC to EXP. I pulled MPM earlier. They only reported to EXP for now.

Ron.

How long was it when you got the card, and they reported to EXP?

39 days for me on Experian and Equifax.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just applied for membership + checking/savings+$10,000CC and $5000 LOC. My TU is 647, no late payments in 2 years, no BK, 2 old collections (6+years). The system was unable to give me an auto response, but said I would be contacted tomorrow.

I will update then.

**UPDATE** It's been a few days and today (Saturday) I got an email to check a secure message. The rep wanted to know If I wanted a balance transfer or open credit, and if I wanted a BT include in my response the account numbers so she could figure DTI. She said she was also still working on my personal loan. Per the advice on this thread, I said I wanted a BT of my two Capital One cards. A few hours later, I checked my loan requests, and they still say "pending."

**ANOTHER UPDATE** I am approved for a $5000 CC instead of my requested $10,000 ( I have DTI issues because of student loans); I ended-up BT'n both Cap1's and Discover IT. They don't have LOC only Personal loans which I don't need. I was denied a checking account because of "too many inqs" on Chexsystems. My card will arrive in 7-10 days after I fund my Share Savings (which I did on the 14th).

Lots of scanning and uploading, but no notary public business -- thank goodness! They secure message docs, I printed them out, signed, scanned them to PDF, and uploaded them back to secure message.

I had to scan and/or sign: DL, American Consumer Council Certificate, 2 recent check stubs, Cap 1 and Discover account numbers, Share Savings app and CC app.

The entire process took about a week......they work on Saturday and Sundays too; I was suprised to get secure messages on Saturday and Sunday.

I have been working with Margaret via secure message. We finalized everything today and she thanked ME for being so east to work with, How nice is that? :)

Here's my timeline for anyone who needs it. App's ACC for membership first, and then the next day I applied for membership to the CU and applied for a CC on the same day. They will pull your CR as soon as you hit submit on the CC app like most others do. Asked for 10K, no previous BK, high util, no baddies in the past 4 years, 0 inquiries on TU, highest limit 8K, and income over 70K. Below is what followed...

[7/10/2014 10:48:25 AM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Good Morning,

Thank you for you interest in our Premier Cash Visa. Are you looking to do balance transfers onto the new card, if approved? I am trying to work out the application and this information would be helpful. Please advise.

Thank you,
Margaret Miles

[7/10/2014 10:50:55 AM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/10/2014 11:01:14 AM EDT] bkellyii:Hi Margaret. Thank you for your response. Yes, I am looking to do balance transfers.
[7/10/2014 11:38:48 AM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/10/2014 11:40:43 AM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Okay great! Can you please tell me accounts you are looking to transfer so that I may calculate an accurate debt to income ratio. Thanks!
[7/10/2014 11:41:22 AM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/10/2014 11:45:57 AM EDT] bkellyii:Account 1 and Account 2

[7/10/2014 1:36:40 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/10/2014 1:37:10 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Okay thank you. I will work on the processing and get back to you as soon as possible.
[7/10/2014 2:02:35 PM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/11/2014 1:04:30 PM EDT] bkellyii:Good afternoon Margaret. Do you have any update on my application? Thanks in advance.
[7/11/2014 3:18:18 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/11/2014 3:28:25 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:bkellyii, this is still in underwriting, I will update you ASAP as to the decision. Thank you for your patience.
[7/11/2014 3:29:44 PM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/11/2014 3:30:13 PM EDT] bkellyii:Thank you.
[7/11/2014 3:36:21 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/11/2014 3:45:10 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:bkellyii,

Congratulations! You are pre-approved for your Premier Cash VISA. The following items will be needed in order to move forward with your application:

Please apply for membership to the CU in the same place you found the VISA application. Additionally, we will need you to provide us with your two most recent paystubs.

If you have any additional questions at this time, please do not hesitate to ask!

We look forward to application for membership and I will be in contact soon.

Thanks,
Margaret

[7/11/2014 3:47:09 PM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/11/2014 3:52:41 PM EDT] bkellyii:Margaret, thank you for all of your help. I also have a deposit account pending where I uploaded my last paystub, I get paid once a month. Would you be able to tell me how much my pending approval is for?
[7/11/2014 11:02:14 PM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/11/2014 11:02:37 PM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/12/2014 5:21:31 AM EDT] bkellyii:I uploaded my paystubs for May and June. Also, my member number is ... Thanks!
[7/12/2014 5:35:06 AM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/12/2014 9:07:12 AM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/12/2014 9:17:13 AM EDT] Miles, Margaret:bkellyii,

Awesome! Thanks so much. Honestly, this is my first time working through this system with an approved member. We have just launched this amazing web portal, upgrading the Credit Union online loan application processes. You have been amazingly easy to work with throughout.

So, I will work everything up and get the needed documents/disclosures out to you. Talk to you on Monday!

Thanks again,
Margaret

[7/12/2014 9:50:18 AM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Hey bkellyii,

The info I need from you now is :
-county you live in
-work phone #
-Employer full address

There are two additional items you will need to make a decision on for the card.
1. We offer over-the-limit protection. This would be if your next purchase would take you over your credit limit, would you like the transaction to go through or be denied. If you opt for the protection, you will be charged $25 each time you actually go OVER your credit limit, and
2. We offer Life, Disability, & Unemployment Debt Protection,e interested in any of those I can go over the costs associated with it.

Both are optional and are offered for your convenience. If you could get back to me on those two options as well.

I will be waiting on your funded share account and I once I have the t's crossed, I will upload some documents for you.

Thanks, bkellyii!
-Margaret

[7/12/2014 11:16:45 AM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/12/2014 11:20:48 AM EDT] bkellyii:**** county
Phone Number

Job

Address

City, and State

[7/12/2014 11:23:13 AM EDT] bkellyii:1. No over-limit-protection
2. No life, disability, & unemployment debt protection

[7/12/2014 11:30:56 AM EDT] bkellyii:Margaret, will I need to do anything else on my end to fund my share account or should it be automatically completed with the information I included when applied for the account?
[7/12/2014 12:10:23 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/14/2014 12:25:07 PM EDT] bkellyii:Margaret, any update on this account? Thanks.
[7/15/2014 1:51:30 PM EDT] bkellyii:Margaret, do you need anything else from me to set up this account? Thanks.
[7/15/2014 2:26:05 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/15/2014 2:31:20 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Bruce,

I am simply waiting on approval that all of the accounts docs have been recieved. I will work on your paperwork. Is it acceptable to upload the docs you need to sign through this portal, or would you prefer them to be mailed.

Thanks,
Margaret

[7/15/2014 2:34:21 PM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/15/2014 2:34:55 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:bkellyii -

Sorry I also need the statements for Account 1 and Account 2. Can you please upload those to me? We will need to pay them through certified checks at the CU.

Thanks,
Margaret

[7/15/2014 2:35:35 PM EDT] bkellyii:I would prefer to sign them through this portal. Thank you.
[7/15/2014 2:36:40 PM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/15/2014 2:39:37 PM EDT] bkellyii:Margaret, no problem. Would you be able to tell me my credit and balance transfer limits?
[7/15/2014 3:09:33 PM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/15/2014 3:10:15 PM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/16/2014 1:16:06 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/16/2014 1:18:26 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:You are approved for $10,000 limit and can do balance transfers up to that amount as well.

I will be uploading your docs required now.

Please sign and upload the application signed. The others are simply disclosures.

Thanks!

[7/16/2014 2:24:50 PM EDT] bkellyii:Message viewed by consumer bkellyii
[7/16/2014 2:50:07 PM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/16/2014 2:52:29 PM EDT] bkellyii:Margaret, I have signed and uploaded the application. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you for all of your help.
[7/16/2014 2:53:56 PM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/17/2014 6:46:55 AM EDT] bkellyii:A new document has been uploaded by bkellyii
[7/17/2014 2:37:57 PM EDT] Miles, Margaret:Message viewed by officer Miles, Margaret
[7/17/2014 4:39:01 PM EDT] bkellyii:Margaret, is this all that you need from me to complete this application? Thanks.

I applied for membership 7/10/14. No response from them at all. I sent a message an got nothing. Called and they said someone would get in touch with me when the application was processed. It still says pending as of today.

Maybe I should go ahead and apply for the card to speed things along?????

I applied for membership 7/10/14. No response from them at all. I sent a message an got nothing. Called and they said someone would get in touch with me when the application was processed. It still says pending as of today.

Same thing here. Slooooowwwww.

I apped with them and DCU for a savings account and a car loan. Same day same time. DCU opened my savings acct next day.

It's like watching two turtles race. Whoever gets my car loan first wins. LOL

Same with me. I applied on 7/5. Sent in some docs that were requested on 7/8. Now, no word. Just silence, despite an email and secure message.

Getting too busy with CB apps I suppose.

Membership Account Applied 7/15, Approved Today 7/19 (Had to send in DL before approval and signed application forms after approval)

CC Applied 7/15, Flat Out Decline Today 7/19 Reason: "Bankruptcy. Delinquent past or present credit obligations with others." (No baddies since BK discharge 5/13 so must be past stuff they didn't like, see sig for score details etc)

I have to say dealing with TH has been quite nice and easy. Got approved for a savings (which I will use) and they put my app through for a visa with balance transfer - pulled TU at a score of 635 (thought it was higher but I'm still working on two stubborn medical collections through the HIPAA process). They used the same pull.

The lady was really nice, her name is Tina. I told her I thought my score would be better (I was a bit embarrassed actually) and she was so nice she said "It doesn't look that bad!"

My utilization is high but if I can get my three cards transferred over at a lower interest (one is a First Premier eek!), I can pay the total down quicker and overall util will go down if my limit is high enough. Then I can put all cards in the sock drawer for a while.

I had to send over 30 days worth of paystubs and the card statements for transfer. She said it's going to the underwriter and I should hear back tomorrow.

Overall - very nice and pleasant to deal with. I might not get approved for the card but at least they are trying instead of an immediate denial.

Thank you OP for turning us onto TobyHanna!

Same with me. I applied on 7/5. Sent in some docs that were requested on 7/8. Now, no word. Just silence, despite an email and secure message.

Getting too busy with CB apps I suppose.

Update: My share account was approved today. Apparently, the agent that was working on my file was on vacation. Guess they don't hand work over to others while they are away.

Currently have a CC app pending.

Friends application was denied for CC. 723 FICO. Reason was too many new accounts. He has 2 new accounts in past 6 months reporting.

That's insane. I was preapproved for $5k cc with them and all the accounts you see in my siggy (19?) are all less than 6 months old.

Update on my app. They said that I couldn’t be approved by myself because my income isn’t high enough for my obligations. Suggested I add my husband to the app since it was our rent payment sending me over their threshold. Since I obviously don’t pay that by myself and my husband makes twice what I do – we are adding him and seeing if that works. Tina is fabulous and is really trying hard to get me approved.

The last post in this topic was posted 2719 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.