esters45

The last post in this topic was posted 3036 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So I have been tossing and turning at night on whether or not I should sell my motorcycle to completely be debt free and still have extra cash left over after the fact. I really love this bike and had a lot of plans for it and just can’t seem to list it for sale.

I know for sure I could get 7k for it and my credit card debt is only 4k dollars. I know there are other bikes I’ll be able to buy in the future but it’s just been on my mind a lot as of late as to what I should do. I am making payments on my debt but at this rate I won’t be able to pay everything back until the end of the year. What would you do? :cry2:

The end of the year is only 6 months away. I'd keep the bike and keep paying on your debt if you love the bike that much. If you were to get rid of it and got a new one in the future, you'd end up paying more.

It'd be a different story if you weren't able to make your payments..........but you're only looking at 6.5 more months on the track you are already on.

The end of the year is only 6 months away. I'd keep the bike and keep paying on your debt if you love the bike that much. If you were to get rid of it and got a new one in the future, you'd end up paying more.

It'd be a different story if you weren't able to make your payments..........but you're only looking at 6.5 more months on the track you are already on.

I agree with this. $4000 really isn't an enormous amount, and 6 months to pay it off really isn't very long, either.

4K isn't enough to warrant selling something you love and enjoy. If you're having a kid, or have some medical dealio you have to fund... that's when you sell the beloved bike.

You're paying off the debt, and it will take a little longer - but at the end of that time, you have the bike, and I bet you won't regret it.

I agree with this. $4000 really isn't an enormous amount, and 6 months to pay it off really isn't very long, either.

+1

Aside from medical issues and other emergencies, it would be worth selling if it was going to take you 3-4 years to pay off your debt.

Along that same line, do you have any cash assets that you could dip into instead? If you have a sizable emergency fund use some of that to pay down debt then replenish the fund with the increased cash flow.

The last post in this topic was posted 3036 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.