Sign in to follow this  
Frank13

Does anyone besides USAA ...

OMG, we're all going to be RICH!

Lol, this PLUS our CB regular paychecks... O. M. G.

Maybach Landaulet, here I come!!!

maybach-landaulet-324.jpg

Edited by cv91915

OMG, what on earth did I start?

I could go back to bitching about everything I dislike about USAA, or about how only a lack of planning leads to the need for instant ACH transfers. Or we could stick to emoticons and Landaulets. Your choice. It's your thread. :P

LOL ... ok, ok. I give! :wave:

Honestly though, it is not lack of planning. It is more of cash flow situations for me. The cash doesn't come in fast enough to make all those people with their hands outstretched happy. 5-7 days waiting on an ACH would KILL me. That is one real reason I am so happy with USAA. Not to mention 1% FETF on ATM withdrawals overseas, ATM fee reimbursement, no fee checking, etc... And, thanks to this thread, I know that PenFed will treat me the same for ACH's. :)

:offtopic:

Not to open a can of worms, but really, what is there not to like?

/me prepares for the onslaught. (It is only fair to hear the opposing viewpoint. After all, I am not the Western media.)

Edited by Frank13

LOL ... ok, ok. I give! :wave:

Honestly though, it is not lack of planning. It is more of cash flow situations for me. The cash doesn't come in fast enough to make all those people with their hands outstretched happy. 5-7 days waiting on an ACH would KILL me. That is one real reason I am so happy with USAA. Not to mention 1% FETF on ATM withdrawals overseas, ATM fee reimbursement, no fee checking, etc... And, thanks to this thread, I know that PenFed will treat me the same for ACH's. :)

:offtopic:

Not to open a can of worms, but really, what is there not to like?

/me prepares for the onslaught.

Their credit cards suck. They aren't ambitious enough to serve the general public.

That's a start.

No ATM fees and free checking. ZZZZZZZZZZZ. Not exactly unique.

If you routinely need to ACH money instantly into USAA to meet your cash flow obligations, you repeatedly have cash in the wrong place at the wrong time... Which seems to not just be port planning on an episodic basis.... It sounds more chronic than that.

Edited by cv91915

USAA banking used to be at the forefront of service and features, now not so much. There's nothing wrong with their checking accounts as such, it's the total banking package that's lacking.

The back-end of their brokerage is switching to a Fidelity company, so we'll see if the AMA account gets more competitive.

As it stands, I've had every product that USAA has to offer. Now I only use their insurance since the homeowners is one of the few that has a self-defense rider on it.

If you routinely need to ACH money instantly into USAA to meet your cash flow obligations, you repeatedly have cash in the wrong place at the wrong time... Which seems to not just be port planning on an episodic basis.... It sounds more chronic than that.

Well, I am not one of the 1% so I do the best that I can with what I have to work with.

I own rental properties in an area that there are no national banks. The property manager deposits funds to the local bank and I take it from there with the help of USAA.

OMG, what on earth did I start?

:lol: HellFire on Earth?? Don't pay ANY attention to us... or cv's rants! :P

Well, I am not one of the 1% so I do the best that I can with what I have to work with.

I own rental properties in an area that there are no national banks. The property manager deposits funds to the local bank and I take it from there with the help of USAA.

As landed gentry I would expect that you could find a bank that does remote deposits, so the money could go directly into the bank where it's needed. This is a cash-management problem that's pretty easily solved with a modestly-modern bank.

Remote deposit would obviate the need to do any of this ACH nonsense. If USAA was so awesome they'd have a better solution to serve your business needs.

I think the point is that USAA's ACH's take about 15-20 seconds to initiate and are instant. How often they are used or why, is not relevant IMO. Plus, Deposit@Mobile is almost flawless for depositing checks.

Unfortunately, some people are not eligible for USAA. Then just stick with BOA or Chase checking who have great products as well.

USAA is unremarkable as a financial institution, and citing ACH as a reason to the contrary is like bragging about how well they receive faxes.

USAA is unremarkable as a financial institution, and citing ACH as a reason to the contrary is like bragging about how well they receive faxes.

Got it!! I'll immediately close all my accounts there and never look back. kthanks!! :rofl:

Got it!! I'll immediately close all my accounts there and never look back. kthanks!! :rofl:

One of my connections on LinkedIn just endorsed me for "Process Improvement." Don't mess with me on this. :P

Make sure you warn everyone who claim Alliant CU as a great ACH-hub that Alliant is unremarkable as well!! Why waste a perfectly good tirade on just one bank? :rolleyes::lol:

While it would be wonderful in the Lands of Unicorns if ANY FI was perfect and free and awesome, that's not how it works in a Free Market economy - is it.

Do you own research on products for what works for YOU, and leave the rest behind! Oh BTW, you can use MORE THAN one FI if you so choose! ;)

And obviously, I was just kidding above. I have NO plans to ever close USAA account.

Make sure you warn everyone who claim Alliant CU as a great ACH-hub that Alliant is unremarkable as well!! Why waste a perfectly good tirade on just one bank? :rolleyes::lol:

While it would be wonderful in the Lands of Unicorns if ANY FI was perfect and free and awesome, that's not how it works in a Free Market economy - is it.

Do you own research on products for what works for YOU, and leave the rest behind! Oh BTW, you can use MORE THAN one FI if you so choose! ;)

And obviously, I was just kidding above. I have NO plans to ever close USAA account.

Oh, trust me, I have a LOT of unremarkable accounts. I just don't oversell them to anyone else. :D

Edited by cv91915

Oh, trust me, I have a LOT of unremarkable accounts. I just don't ov :P rsell them to anyone else. :D

Trust ME, no one will ever be accusing you of ANY oversell!!

Oh, trust me, I have a LOT of unremarkable accounts. I just don't ov :P rsell them to anyone else. :D

What can I say? I feel a duty to recommend a hammer when someone asks which fish is best to pound a nail into a wall. :D

What can I say? I feel a duty to recommend a hammer when someone asks which fish is best to pound a nail into a wall. :D

smi20.gif

smi20.gif

Spent half the weekend packing. I'm ornery today.

smi20.gif

I was about to ask - are you in your cycle? :P

smi20.gif

Oh, the cramping.

smi20.gif

Oh, the cramping.

Are you one of those peeps that HAS to have the last word? :P

smi20.gif

Oh, the cramping.

Are you one of those peeps that HAS to have the last word? :P

No. :P