Credit Management Pay For Delete w/ Signature

harryfpotter

The last post in this topic was posted 3543 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Working on a that $95 baddie for my pal.

Original creditor is WOW! Cable. Collector is Credit Management. Called them and asked them about a PFD. I was told that if I FAX a PFD letter they will send me something back as a FAX in 48 hours. Then if I (or rather, my pal) signs it, then it gets removed. Let's say that the request comes before the payment.

I'd hate to have to sign anything that you send to a CA, though. It all sounds legit on the phone. I asked point blank if they would remove their report from all three credit reports and they said yes.

Has anyone been through this with CMI? Did they delete as promised?

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, the PFD was one they provided. They FAXed it to me. It was signed and I mailed it in CMRRR. Even though the document was their document, it was minimal and it said that they will delete for payment in exchange for the $95 and I will not dispute the debt. Thus, they get a little bit more than if I'd sent them a CB approved PFD.

They've honored it. The baddie is gone off all three CRAs. Now my friend has an empty credit report.

Thank you for all your help. Everything I do via CB seems to turn out all right. Now I'm building and this friend I'm helping is building. No more baddies. (Knock wood.) On to new CB topics!

Actually, the PFD was one they provided. They FAXed it to me. It was signed and I mailed it in CMRRR. Even though the document was their document, it was minimal and it said that they will delete for payment in exchange for the $95 and I will not dispute the debt. Thus, they get a little bit more than if I'd sent them a CB approved PFD.

They've honored it. The baddie is gone off all three CRAs. Now my friend has an empty credit report.

Thank you for all your help. Everything I do via CB seems to turn out all right. Now I'm building and this friend I'm helping is building. No more baddies. (Knock wood.) On to new CB topics!

Time for your friend to pursue CP status. :D

Congrats, upwards and onward! :clapping:

Another day. Another two-letter CB acronym that is not in the glossary..

I found it though.

Edited by harryfpotter

I found it though.

Credit Pimp :grin:

I found it though.

I'm much steadier on my feet than that guy when I wear my shoes with goldfish in the soles...

I found it though.

I'm much steadier on my feet than that guy when I wear my shoes with goldfish in the soles...

Those Plats were SICK!! :clapping:

The last post in this topic was posted 3543 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.