Sign in to follow this  
cosimo

Having CRA reinsert disputed account that they deleted…?

So I disputed a private student loan last month because it showed a 90+ late when in fact it was deferred during this time. The balance was wrong and it was never late so I sent Experian a mailed dispute based on these two issues. I simply wanted them to knock off the lates and update the true balance and of course they did what they love to do and aggrevate the hell out of me- they just deleted the entire trade line. Such due diligence on their part :clapping:

This account would have been positive- it was a $1500 loan, with a true balance of only $200 and no lates. Do I have any recourse against them as far as putting back my account? Or is it gone for good?

they deleted probably because the lender didn't answer in time....

try a 623 dispute with the lender.

and if you have documents to show the deferment or that you were never late, you could have uploaded those @ experian.

if you did that and the lender reported it late again, file a complaint with the CFPB.

How did you find out about the reinsertion? Did the CRA notify you, or did you pull your report?

Thanks . . . read the post again. I agree with ICANHASMUNY . . . send a letter to a manager or executive in the lender's office.

you should always try to dispute with lender first. guess you learned that. very unlikely that Experian will put it back. you need to ask student loan lender to report it correctly.

I sent a letter to lender months ago with no response. If I ask them to re-report, will Ex have to put this back in or is it "blocked"?

I sent a letter to lender months ago with no response. If I ask them to re-report, will Ex have to put this back in or is it "blocked"?

My Capital One TL on EXP is "surpressed" a.k.a. "hidden" ... but the OC (Capital One) initiated that.

Do what ICANHASMUNY? and tmcgill have suggested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

So I disputed a private student loan last month because it showed a 90+ late when in fact it was deferred during this time. The balance was wrong and it was never late so I sent Experian a mailed dispute based on these two issues. I simply wanted them to knock off the lates and update the true balance and of course they did what they love to do and aggrevate the hell out of me- they just deleted the entire trade line. Such due diligence on their part :clapping:

This account would have been positive- it was a $1500 loan, with a true balance of only $200 and no lates. Do I have any recourse against them as far as putting back my account? Or is it gone for good?

We should all be so fortunate to have such deletions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk