Documenting the Process

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have just opted out, and will be requesting address removals from the two CRA's that are reporting this collection tomorrow. I need to visit the BMV Weds because the address on my license is not current. I expect to mail these letters out Thursday. This will be used to document the process.

Whychat, can you please assist me? I am sending out the letters to remove old addresses, my SSN is not fully displayed on the credit report pages I am attaching, should I put my SSN, DOB, or other identifying information in my letter? Is there a specific address I should send each of these letters, or attention to a specific individual?

Also, I plan to only remove all addresses except for the two most current addresses. Is that ok? Meaning, should I go and ask them to remove all addresses except for current, or am I fine leaving on the last two addresses?

You only need to remove addresses if the collection is from a previous address. The goal is to try and avoid a simple address match that the CRA does upon the initial letter being received. If you live at the same address the collection is from then the impact of removing old addresses is voided.

Edit: spelling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MrDonivan

You can follow the guide:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

Depending on the kind of disputes you have you have your choice of programs:

The HIPAA program is for medical accounts

The SOL program is for NON medical

The Judgment program is for reported judgments

The Repo program is for auto repossessions

When disputing, always use the account data exactly as it is shown on the report you are disputing, if a CRA is using xxxx's in the account # then you use it too.

Every CRA has different PO addresses for different areas of the Country. Use the addresses shown on your copy of your report from THAT CRA. It MAY match the PO addresses I have posted.

You use your full SS# in the body of the dispute letter: ( this one is for NON medical accounts)

http://whychat.5u.com/initdispltrsol.html

Got it. AFter I get my updated address on my license tomorrow at lunch I will be mailing out the removal of address letters to Equifax and Transunion.

Do these address removal letters need to be sent via certified mail?

Got it. AFter I get my updated address on my license tomorrow at lunch I will be mailing out the removal of address letters to Equifax and Transunion.

Do these address removal letters need to be sent via certified mail?

Yes, but WITHOUT a return receipt. You can get a stack of certified mail forms at the PO, that way you will have the correct #s to put on the letters.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.