Sign in to follow this  
tophie

Myprivacymatters.com canceled me

I signed up for Myprivacymatters.com through eliminateidtheft.com and it was working great. I was using it and monitoring everything daily. I could not log in so I called today and I was told that they canceled my account. I asked if there was a problem with billing and they said no, the account has been canceled and the message said "we no longer wish to do business with you".

The only thing I used was the monitoring and daily credit pull service. I checked and they charged me for a full month but canceled me half way through.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The only other thing I can add is I got a foreign call center and he didn't speak English very well, but still, I don't think he could mess up reading the message.

Credit monitoring/pulling services seem to me to be the type of companies (broad generalization alert) that want you to subscribe to their services, but not actually ever use them.

Edited by policebox

Credit monitoring/pulling services seem to me to be the type of companies (broad generalization alert) that want you to subscribe to their services, but not actually ever use them.

They also seem to be the ones most likely to be hit with false advertising suits.

:)

Like Equifax, and their "UINO" service, if their actions are any indication.

First one to guess what UINO means gets a prize. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Edited by rslifkin

Same here....i read the boards and followed what I read.

After logging in, you have to use the icon for get your first report. You will have to change your username; however, it allowed me to continue to pull.

Good luck

Ditto. I called yesterday, and they said I was cancelled as of the 16th -- even though I paid for a month on the 1st.

I followed the instructions I read on here and clicked the "get first report" option, instead of a returning customer,

and I slightly altered my user name in the sign-up process. Jumped through the LexNex random questions. Works now. :wave:

so that's what happened and why I had to create a new username.

wow, that's crazy.

that would be the end of B* without Q* if they actually canceled people and you couldn't just create a new account.

I've not been following the info around here about them merging with some other service or whatever, but when it started failing last week, I took notice of the

threads. I called the number it told me to call at one point, and they kept telling me I was using the wrong Member ID -- then I realized they were talking about my

OLD "Privacy Matters" member ID. They told me I had to call another number for assistance with "THIS sub-product"...I didn't know they were in cahoots! Maybe

that's what the merge and "upgrade" is all about...still haven't paid THAT much attention, since I don't have anything to B*. ;) Anyway, three calls later, and the

chick says they're just experiencing outages they're working on. [Oh yeah...? Who knew. :dntknw: ] Next day I could do the "forgot password" thingie...2 days of that,

and poof...I'm "cancelled." Called the number again, and she said I was cancelled on the 16th. Ummm...so where's my $6 for half the month, Miss Bangladesh?

"Call Member Services on Monday," she says. Ugh. But then I got the bright idea to READ another thread yesterday. :wave: You know...I keep seeing some of the

Regulars around here suggesting "doing a little reading" to Newcomers...seems awfully harsh at first blush. But then I went and tested the suggestion, and...

I'll_BE_D&MN#D_! :yu::grin:

I signed up for Myprivacymatters.com through eliminateidtheft.com and it was working great. I was using it and monitoring everything daily. I could not log in so I called today and I was told that they canceled my account. I asked if there was a problem with billing and they said no, the account has been canceled and the message said "we no longer wish to do business with you".

The only thing I used was the monitoring and daily credit pull service. I checked and they charged me for a full month but canceled me half way through.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The only other thing I can add is I got a foreign call center and he didn't speak English very well, but still, I don't think he could mess up reading the message.

Now that's arrogant.

Not really arrogant, its frustrating. These companies pay people in other countries almost nothing. I'm pretty certain the call center was in India. Nothing against India, but I'd love to see more jobs kept in America. I'd pay 3 times as much just to get someone in the USA who understands what I'm saying and doesn't read a script and can barely pronounce the words. Unfortunately its profits over people/jobs etc.

Not really arrogant, its frustrating. These companies pay people in other countries almost nothing. I'm pretty certain the call center was in India. Nothing against India, but I'd love to see more jobs kept in America. I'd pay 3 times as much just to get someone in the USA who understands what I'm saying and doesn't read a script and can barely pronounce the words. Unfortunately its profits over people/jobs etc.

+1.

At least you got to sign in.. I signed up and it said account was suspended.. Uh, I just got login info.. called and they decided they didn't want me have this service..

I need to see if EIDT will issue a refund or I am stuck with the out of pocket.. Oh well.

I think there is something going on with them.. i couldn't sign in either, and i haven't pulled a report in a couple months.

when i tried to sign in, it tried to make me go through the security questions again, and it said my ID was already taken.

I called support, they told me my account was cancelled friday! (they had just charged my CC on thursday).

they gave me a different support number to call, so i did.

THEY told me there is nothing wrong with my account, it is not cancelled, and that they are having trouble with the system, and no-one can log in and it should be resolved by wednesday.

my read?

they didn't pay their bill to true credit and got shut off, and they are on their way down.

Is now.....who know how long though.

Edited by Remo

i had the same problem as delphigmr,

what are the solutions? should we just wait? or my account was cancel?

thanks.

I think there is something going on with them.. i couldn't sign in either, and i haven't pulled a report in a couple months.

when i tried to sign in, it tried to make me go through the security questions again, and it said my ID was already taken.

I called support, they told me my account was cancelled friday! (they had just charged my CC on thursday).

they gave me a different support number to call, so i did.

THEY told me there is nothing wrong with my account, it is not cancelled, and that they are having trouble with the system, and no-one can log in and it should be resolved by wednesday.

my read?

they didn't pay their bill to true credit and got shut off, and they are on their way down.