The last post in this topic was posted 3229 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

hello everybody, im getting ready to start disputing my obsoletes at 7 years with TU i have heard that you can dispute them 6 months early and TU will remove them, my first obsolete is scheduled to be removed 11/14, so I was thinking I should dispute it next month 06/14 and then dispute my 12/14 in 7/14 and my 01/15 in 08/14, does this sound right?

i know you only get one shot with TU because once you check and box and do an online dispute and it gets veified you can no longer dispute using that same option, and im guessing its the -I am no longer liable for this account - box.

Edited by carpartsdepot

Start 6 months out, the reason would be too old to remain on file not the no longer responsible. You may not get it done on the first shot, this is why it should be done in writing over disputes online. Repeat every month until you get results or it just drops.

The common wisdom for people finding success with obsolete disputes is as follows:

Equifax: up to 6 months early

Experian: up to 3 months early

TransUnion: up to 6 months early

In my own experience, I've always been successful with TransUnion 6 months out, I've had mixed results with Equifax, and have never had success with Experian.

Ive noticed that EX schedules things to come off a month or two before TU and EQ, maybe thats why they only take it off 3 months early, and does it still take 30 days to finish the obsolete disputes?

In my experience, they CRAs have always taken the full 30 days.

My most recent success was in having two Capital One accounts deleted from TU. They were scheduled to be removed 10/2014, but I was able to dispute them in April, with them being removed in May.

thats some good stuff, i see you got the quicksilver card, i wanted to apply for that card but i was worried because i got like 15-16 baddies on tu and ex only like 4 on ex, fico score are around 645eq, 630ex, and 709tu-vt, 2% util, 7 new accounts in last year, inquiries 6eq, 0ex, and 4tu, and ive had cap 1 plat now for like 7 months with low util, what do you think abut my chances, i was thinking of waiting til i hit 1 year and more baddies fall off?

thats some good stuff, i see you got the quicksilver card, i wanted to apply for that card but i was worried because i got like 15-16 baddies on tu and ex only like 4 on ex, fico score are around 645eq, 630ex, and 709tu-vt, 2% util, 7 new accounts in last year, inquiries 6eq, 0ex, and 4tu, and ive had cap 1 plat now for like 7 months with low util, what do you think abut my chances, i was thinking of waiting til i hit 1 year and more baddies fall off?

Check the Credit Pulls Database :)

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?autocom=creditpulls

yea i checked it already and i saw people getting approved in the low 600's but i hate to waste an inquiry, i worked hard getting them removed so now im down to 3 on TU, 0 on EX and i got 5 on EQ, i like to apply with people that only pull EQ since its my best report plus i hate how cap one pulls all 3 but i cant see to find anyone that will give a visa or mc with such low scores, i guess ill wait a few months and then pull the trigger

The last post in this topic was posted 3229 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.