Sign in to follow this  
lilyflower

Barclay's Approved!

So my app finger got a little itchy today and I figured what the heck, I'd app for something since my TU is looking good these days. I hit the trigger on the Barclay Rewards MC and just got an auto-approval for $1500! :yahoo:

Considering I had a CO with them 6 years ago (from an old Juniper card) this is a great step in the right direction. They also don't seem to blacklist. Anyone know if they do CLIs at activation? I'm tempted to call and ask them to match my highest limit.

So my app finger got a little itchy today and I figured what the heck, I'd app for something since my TU is looking good these days. I hit the trigger on the Barclay Rewards MC and just got an auto-approval for $1500! :yahoo:

Considering I had a CO with them 6 years ago (from an old Juniper card) this is a great step in the right direction. They also don't seem to blacklist. Anyone know if they do CLIs at activation? I'm tempted to call and ask them to match my highest limit.

Congrats. You have nothing to lose by trying

Give it a shot

Make sure you call reconsid number, not reg cs

Edited by WCH

Congrats! :clapping:

Yes, you can always try and recon a higher limit.

Here's the number: 866-408-4064

Is there any secret number for Barclays approval on TU?

They really look at your entire credit profile, not just your score. I was approved in the low 600s, but I had 3 CCs with perfect payment history for +/- a year.

Drat closed for the weekend. Will try on Monday. Wondering if I should try for anything else today?

Congrats!! I was approved for a $500 Barclays Rewards a few days ago.

You called reconsid dept?

No, I got an automatic approval online. I was very surprised, because I just had a Chapter 7 discharged in mid February.

Edited by RedHairedLady

No, I got an automatic approval online. I was very surprised, because I just had a Chapter 7 discharged in mid February.

Same - I was auto approved but shocked by it and the amount since I've been turned down for the US Airways card in the last few months...

redhairedlady what is your Fico score before you got approved.

They pulled Transunion. I had a 589 TU FICO. My worst score.

Edited by RedHairedLady

I got the Barclay Card 14 months ago with a cl of $1500. One year later they raised it to $4700.

Congrats. They have been so good to me. I am not even a year out of BK7 and have over 100k in credit from them now across 3 cards. I've got several auto credit line increases from them. I have paid in full each month. Careful on your inquiries. They are a little sensitive.

Congrats. They have been so good to me. I am not even a year out of BK7 and have over 100k in credit from them now across 3 cards. I've got several auto credit line increases from them. I have paid in full each month. Careful on your inquiries. They are a little sensitive.

Did you mean 10k? Congrats to the OP! It will grow with you

I had a CO from Juniper as well that is 8+ years old. I recently pulled the trigger for a Barclay Card too. I didn't know at the time that Juniper was part of their portfolio, but I still managed to get a $6500 cl. The creepy thing is... when I logged in to Barclay's website the first time, they had my old bank account already listed under the Bank Accounts section you can use to pay your bill online. :blink::o (Glad the collection didn't follow me... :ph34r: )

I saw tophie post recently that one of the cards now has a $75K CL, which is by far the highest CL I've ever heard of with Barclays. You can't help but wonder if the UW misplaced the decimal. :lol:

I saw tophie post recently that one of the cards now has a $75K CL, which is by far the highest CL I've ever heard of with Barclays. You can't help but wonder if the UW misplaced the decimal. :lol:

They CLI ' ed that large card too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Barclays successes ;-)

They have been good to me.

Choice Privileges Visa went from 2K to 10K limit within a year, and the free TU FICO of course..................... :D

Choice Privileges Visa went from 2K to 10K limit within a year, and the free TU FICO of course..................... :D

What has been your experience with the choice privileges card. I've been considering that card for a while along with the Sallie Mae card...waiting for INQ to drop off naturally.

What has been your experience with the choice privileges card. I've been considering that card for a while along with the Sallie Mae card...waiting for INQ to drop off naturally.

Well, its my only Barclay TL. I haven't redeemed any points yet. Waiting for my next trip to do that on a room.

Their customer service has always been decent for me. I've had a couple of mechandise desputes, and those were resolved reasonably (within 7 days). I also prefer to communicate electronically, and I'm very pleased with them in that respect.

Just months ago, they added TU FICO which is nice. I believe this was one of their last products (choice privilege visa)to be updated with this.

I don't believe my experiences with them are useful to others, as I have not had a lot of unique transactions, and interactions with them yet.

However, I have not had any unsatisfactory experiences with them yet.

I use them for several auto-pay billings, some personal, some for my business.

I was surprised they granted my recent CLI's, of course both incurred hard inq.

Lastly, forgive my last naive comment. None of my TL's process transaction as fast as my AMEX TL's.

Sorry, my experiences are limited, although they have been good in my view.

Edited by shinto123

Congrats! I really enjoy my Barclays Rewards MC and the credit limit increase I got after 5 months! :wave::dance:

Congrats! I really enjoy my Barclays Rewards MC and the credit limit increase I got after 5 months! :wave::dance:

Nice, getting an increase so quickly! How much did you start out with and then increase to, if you don't mind me asking? And was it an auto CLI, or did you request it?