The hiatus is over!

The last post in this topic was posted 2485 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Even though I don't post here a lot these days, I thought I owed it to some of the oldtimes who followed my colorful episode and not being able to control myself, that led to freezing all three CRAs in July 2008 and they remained frozen until July of last year when I finally had to break down and get a merchant account (the ability to accept credit/debit cards for payment). BTW, I've been through mortgage loan, auto loan, and credit card applications and nothing prepared me for the exam I received for that down to business licenses and state tax certificates. After the account was approved the file went back to frozen until last week. The bank needed to pull my credit again to increase the limits so I lifted the freeze for ten days. Then I started thinking it had been six years since I opened an account and Discover has been bugging me for years so I pulled their last preapproval and punched it in - instant approval for $4500, the low limit is understandable since I have several five figure balances due to a business expansion last year.

I figured I was through but I started to think again (I know, bad thing), my car is now six years old with over 100k on it and Ford is blowing out the V6 Mustangs. I applied with DCU, that became an inquisition over my high balances that are more than covered by my average $9000/month in business revenue. So I went over to Penfed, it was a short app and boom, approved for $22k @ 1.29%,

So I made is five years without lifting any of the freezes and 5 years 10 months before applying for consumer credit. I'm done now and will start another streak. :wave:

Even though I don't post here a lot these days, I thought I owed it to some of the oldtimes who followed my colorful episode and not being able to control myself, that led to freezing all three CRAs in July 2008 and they remained frozen until July of last year when I finally had to break down and get a merchant account (the ability to accept credit/debit cards for payment). BTW, I've been through mortgage loan, auto loan, and credit card applications and nothing prepared me for the exam I received for that down to business licenses and state tax certificates. After the account was approved the file went back to frozen until last week. The bank needed to pull my credit again to increase the limits so I lifted the freeze for ten days. Then I started thinking it had been six years since I opened an account and Discover has been bugging me for years so I pulled their last preapproval and punched it in - instant approval for $4500, the low limit is understandable since I have several five figure balances due to a business expansion last year.

I figured I was through but I started to think again (I know, bad thing), my car is now six years old with over 100k on it and Ford is blowing out the V6 Mustangs. I applied with DCU, that became an inquisition over my high balances that are more than covered by my average $9000/month in business revenue. So I went over to Penfed, it was a short app and boom, approved for $22k @ 1.29%,

So I made is five years without lifting any of the freezes and 5 years 10 months before applying for consumer credit. I'm done now and will start another streak. :wave:

Great info.... so one can live without new credit :)

Hi Shawnee. Welcome back. Good to see you. How is everything not credit related?

Doing pretty well, thanks. I've managed to avoid any more hospital trips and just have a few nagging things that are taken care of in the office. Considering the issues I had, I'm thankful I am well enough to maintain and actually expand business.

WB Shawnee - oh what good times I remember we had back in those days of multiple credit apps :lol:

Great to see you again and congrats on your approval!

Hey Trevor, nice to see you again. I remember the app-o-ramas well!

BTW, I wanted to share a good word for PenFed's auto connection. Once you pick the vehicle you're looking for they give you a list of dealers to pick from. I walked into the dealer with the PenFed approval and paperwork and was out of there in ninety minutes with the new car. No pressure and no hassles, the best experience I've ever had at a car dealership.

Hi Shawnee. Welcome back. Good to see you. How is everything not credit related?

Doing pretty well, thanks. I've managed to avoid any more hospital trips and just have a few nagging things that are taken care of in the office. Considering the issues I had, I'm thankful I am well enough to maintain and actually expand business.

WB Shawnee - oh what good times I remember we had back in those days of multiple credit apps :lol:

Great to see you again and congrats on your approval!

Hey Trevor, nice to see you again. I remember the app-o-ramas well!

BTW, I wanted to share a good word for PenFed's auto connection. Once you pick the vehicle you're looking for they give you a list of dealers to pick from. I walked into the dealer with the PenFed approval and paperwork and was out of there in ninety minutes with the new car. No pressure and no hassles, the best experience I've ever had at a car dealership.

Mr. Freeze! :grin:

My speed of apps slowed waaay down to nil during the credit crunch. Only recently started applying for a few cards/locs. But, not w/o a clear vetting of each product. It needs to work for me. No more apps just because...

Hi Krish, nice to see you again!

Trev, the actual name of the program is Penfed Auto Buying Program. You can find it from the Penfed main page.

I only applied for the Discover because Sam's still doesn't accept Visa or AMEX and the rewards on my MC accounts isn't very good these days. Up until the Discover my newest account was just under six years so I figured I could add one card without much damage. The EQ freeze goes back into effect on Wednesday and I just don't see much out there that does much for me, at least cards I don't already have.

Hi Shawnee good to see ya, WB and cheers to improved health and well being.

Gratz on coming back around for a successful Disco app after so long...good to hear the f/b on car buying experience, the advertised rates always seem to be among the very best in town through pen fed.

Hello Shawnee :wave: and congrats!!! So nice to have you back around and glad your health is good, I had my concerns as to why you were MIA around here, especially for having been such a prolific and valuable contributor.

As you can see, Trevor is still thankfully around and part of the Mod Squad, however it would be nice to see NoBull, Marcus, Daniel, Squirrel Girl and some of our other veterans return, hopefully you have started a new trend!

Edited by Rogue

Hello Shawnee :wave: and congrats!!! So nice to have you back around and glad your health is good, I had my concerns as to why you were MIA around here, especially for having been such a prolific and valuable contributor.

As you can see, Trevor is still thankfully around and part of the Mod Squad, however it would be nice to see NoBull, Marcus, Daniel, Squirrel Girl and some of our other veterans return, hopefully you have started a new trend!

Hey there, it has been a long time.

The health has been good for several years now knock on wood. My problem is that I am juggling two businesses at the same time and business has been pretty good so I just haven't had a lot of time. Even though I haven't posted a lot I have come by and browsed threads when I had a few minutes. I'll try to remember to post here and there so you all know I'm still kicking!

The last post in this topic was posted 2485 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.