Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Long term finance & FICO

The last post in this topic was posted 2388 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Can long term auto financing lower someone's fico score?

Does it look bad to other lenders even if you pay it off early?

I want the longest loan term I can get, but I want to pay it off early.

Can long term auto financing lower someone's fico score?

Does it look bad to other lenders even if you pay it off early?

I want the longest loan term I can get, but I want to pay it off early.

#1 No

#2 Yes, to future prospective automotive lenders if loan is PIF in < 12 months.

#3 I hear that a lot.

Longer terms often come with higher APR.

Go with the shortest term you can afford to get the lowest APR.

The last post in this topic was posted 2388 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CoverDrive
      http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2330942

There is a .pdf file to download. Lots of interesting info. The abstract is below.

Abstract:
      We analyze the effectiveness of consumer financial regulation by considering the 2009 Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act. We use a panel data set covering 160 million credit card accounts and a difference-in-differences research design that compares changes in outcomes over time for consumer credit cards, which were subject to the regulations, to changes for small business credit cards, which the law did not cover. We estimate that regulatory limits on credit card fees reduced overall borrowing costs by an annualized 1.6% of average daily balances, with a decline of more than 5.3% for consumers with FICO scores below 660. We find no evidence of an offsetting increase in interest charges or a reduction in the volume of credit. Taken together, we estimate that the CARD Act saved consumers $11.9 billion per year. We also analyze a nudge that disclosed the interest savings from paying off balances in 36 months rather than making minimum payments. We detect a small increase in the share of accounts making the 36-month payment value but no evidence of a change in overall payments.
    • By RussInGotham
      Last months thread

Mine is up from 744 to 787!
    • By BJKill
      I got a Wal-Mart card in last month's spree so I tried to sign up for the free FICO and it says I have to unfreeze it. Does it have to stay unfrozen to work? I don't really feel like paying $10 to unfreeze/refreeze for them, but I would like to know how it works. Is this true with the other TU free FICO credit cards as well? I know you can bump TU but I want to control who can put HI's on my report.
    • By MBgratitude
      Hello,

I ran across the following article on myfico.com... seems to be very legitimate way of rebuilding one's credit score to 700+ post-bankruptcy. Please see:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/m-p/1384075/highlight/true#M9218

If anyone has a successful plan that they have followed, kindly post. I am currently preparing paperwork to file my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy case; I plan to use this method post-discharge to rebuild my credit. If I posted this in the inappropriate place, I apologize. I am new and am still navigating this board.

Best,
      MB
    • By 23tony
      I just ordered my free annual reports - by mail. I also wanted to get my FICO scores but I can't see any way to get JUST the scores. Experian has a phone number to get a "score" if I have already ordered my report, but I'm pretty sure that's a FAKO - and I can't find any links for just scores on any of the others.

Does anyone have any links or suggestions on how to get JUST my FICO scores from all 3 bureaus?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tcud
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines