Sign in to follow this  
blqbutterfly

Manilla Closing! Noooooooooo!

Right Shaggy....RIP Manilla deactivating my account today.....the jury still out on if I'm going to Finovera or Check but I am reading up on both!

Mobilligy!

Just downloaded the app after reading people being pleased with it as a replacement for Manilla, entered the info for one of my GECRB/Synch cards and so far so good!

Okay now we are talking....I am not liking Finovera at all.....it doesnt seem easy to read to me at all! Let me read up on it right now! Thanks Amanda0514

I wonder what the underlying flaw was with Manilla... The company, not the software.

What's odd is that company owners/investors found it smarter to shut it down than sell it to SOMEONE, for SOME amount of money. Trouble must have been running very deep. Something isn't adding up.

CV91915-- I think I agree with you on that...its very interesting. This company Mobilligy had tons of blog requests whining about Manilla closing and is this product just as good. Apparently it is. However, you dont have a website log in its all done from your smartphone from what I can see so far.

I just read about this site for document/bills/statements storage and retrieval, similar to Manilla. I've signed up and its compatible with GECRB accounts as I've connected my Walmart and Lowe's accounts to it...

filethis.com

Edit: It also let's you use their storage for documents or other sites (Google Drive, Box, etc.)

Edited by dtokarz

I just read about this site for document/bills/statements storage and retrieval, similar to Manilla. I've signed up and its compatible with GECRB accounts as I've connected my Walmart and Lowe's accounts to it...

filethis.com

Edit: It also let's you use their storage for documents or other sites (Google Drive, Box, etc.)

Thank you! I've still been looking. Not completely happy with Mobilligy either. I did email them tho and tell them what I would like to see (a copy of Manilla lol).

filethis.com

Thank you! I've still been looking. Not completely happy with Mobilligy either. I did email them tho and tell them what I would like to see (a copy of Manilla lol).

So far I haven't had any trouble connecting any of my credit/bank/utility accounts. I like that I can store them all on my Google Drive space. Still playing around with it.

Folks - MoneyStream has a very amazing trick ... once you provide the Manilla login credentials, they go into your Manilla account and transfer ALL of the existing PDF documents ... that was my #1 bug about Manilla closing, as they were my "repository" for ebills that Paytrust couldn't receive (GE, Comenity, and a few others).

MoneyStream has been working flawlessly for me for the past week or so ... not as slick as Manilla, no phone app, but web interface is good on desktop, tablet, and phone. Give them a try, but HURRY before Manilla shuts down access!

https://www.moneystream.com

The prob with Manilla - btw- is that they couldn't scale it fast enough for their parent company, Hearst. There are huge liabilities with holding that kind of sensitive data - and huge security costs (just ask Target, TJX, and others) to constantly keep ahead of the bad guys. These scraper services are potential gold mines for a hacker - your login data for all your banks/credit cards??!!

At any rate, there are lots of little startups (and some big ones, i.e. Yodlee, Intuit Mint, Intuit Paytrust (why they haven't integrated those two escapes me). Paytrust is the granddaddy of them all, I've been using it since somewhere around 2000 when it was launched as "American Express BIll Center" -- would LOVE to find a "perfect" replacement - one that actually can capture 100% of my accounts. Manilla was _the only_ one who could access & retrieve every one (Paytrust offers to do it via scanned paper statements, but you have to change your address to their bill center in SD which really causes fun when your physical shipping address doesn't match the PO Box of the billing address!).

I'm hoping MoneyStream picks up where Manilla left off.

Folks - MoneyStream has a very amazing trick ... once you provide the Manilla login credentials, they go into your Manilla account and transfer ALL of the existing PDF documents ... that was my #1 bug about Manilla closing, as they were my "repository" for ebills that Paytrust couldn't receive (GE, Comenity, and a few others).

MoneyStream has been working flawlessly for me for the past week or so ... not as slick as Manilla, no phone app, but web interface is good on desktop, tablet, and phone. Give them a try, but HURRY before Manilla shuts down access!

https://www.moneystream.com

I tried Finovera, but I am liking Moneystream better. It reminds me more of Manilla.

I'm glad to hear we are all still checking out different services in hopes we can find one close to Manilla.

For me I've been using Mobiligy! and I have been able to add all my accounts. The first problem i ran into yesterday was in trying to access from NGFCU accounts. It locked the account up and I had to call for it be unlocked so i removed it from my list...otherwise I'm doing really good - all my accounts are there and the alerts aren;t getting on my nerves either. I will however, take a look at moneystream. In the meantime, I've deactivated my account at Manilla and everyday have to remind myself that it is no more when I go to do my daily checkup. Sigh.....

filethis.com

LifeHacker posted an article about FileThis just yesterday

http://lifehacker.com/filethis-is-an-online-filing-cabinet-for-your-digital-1589903119

filethis.com

LifeHacker posted an article about FileThis just yesterday

http://lifehacker.com/filethis-is-an-online-filing-cabinet-for-your-digital-1589903119

Yes, that is where I "discovered" the site from. ;)

Just tried Moneystream and besides the fact that they import your accounts in, they don't have all of my creditors....like only 60% :cry2:

Gosh I'm gonna miss Manilla.

Just tried Moneystream and besides the fact that they import your accounts in, they don't have all of my creditors....like only 60% :cry2:

Gosh I'm gonna miss Manilla.

I'm really dreading the end of the month.

FYI to anyone who stopped using Manilla a long time ago: You might want to go in and thoroughly clean up your account before the end of June...

I deleted the connections to my bank accounts LONG before the closing announcement. I found no value in the service. But...

Out of morbid curiosity I logged in one final time yesterday, and confirmed that the links to my accounts were gone (or at least no longer visible through their GUI... God knows what they're doing with my account numbers and passwords). To my surprise I had a BUNCH of documents there... mostly old credit card statements.

I went in and deleted all of those manually and then deleted my account. There's really no way to know if the info is really gone, but if you want to have a chance that it's been deleted before the carcass of the company gets sold to God-knows-who, you might want to go in and delete all of your accounts AND documents, and then delete your account.

FYI to anyone who stopped using Manilla a long time ago: You might want to go in and thoroughly clean up your account before the end of June...

I deleted the connections to my bank accounts LONG before the closing announcement. I found no value in the service. But...

Out of morbid curiosity I logged in one final time yesterday, and confirmed that the links to my accounts were gone (or at least no longer visible through their GUI... God knows what they're doing with my account numbers and passwords). To my surprise I had a BUNCH of documents there... mostly old credit card statements.

I went in and deleted all of those manually and then deleted my account. There's really no way to know if the info is really gone, but if you want to have a chance that it's been deleted before the carcass of the company gets sold to God-knows-who, you might want to go in and delete all of your accounts AND documents, and then delete your account.

Great advice, until you realize that there are almost a 100 accounts and over 300 documents. Whew, that was a chore deleting all those!! <_<

Ok, after getting all excited because MoneyStream imported everything ... now I see there is a weakness ... they can't add GE/SYNCB cards to automatically update. They have all of my historical docs that Manilla grabbed, but can't add new ones automatically :(

On the + side - Nordstrom, Discover, Target, Comenity, BOA, Chase, First Tech credit union, Capital One, Citi all seem to work, so I'm at 90%.

Just got an email - bulk download is now enabled ...

What actions you should take:

We urge you to download any documents you wish to retain and deactivate your Manilla account prior to July 1, 2014.

To download your documents in bulk, click the "Download documents" button at the top of the documents page.

Just got an email - bulk download is now enabled ...

What actions you should take:

We urge you to download any documents you wish to retain and deactivate your Manilla account prior to July 1, 2014.

To download your documents in bulk, click the "Download documents" button at the top of the documents page.

I got the same email. It doesn't say that downloading deletes them afterward.

Resurrecting this old thread ... just gave FInovera a try ... HOLY CRAP it works with 99% of EVERYTHING I have - banks, credit unions, investments, and every card from SYNC (Lowes, Chevron, Walmart, TJX), Comenity (everything BUT the overstock store card DH had). Even some of the smaller ones I did not expect it to work with - Nationwide Bank (VPI Visa) and FNBO, It also differentiated between my two PayPals to capture the SmartConnect (SYNC) and PayPalCredit (BML, Comenity).

There are some oddities - not capturing statements from my CU or Nationwide, but I'm going to let it work overnight - it seems to be doing a lot of updates in the background. This _may_ just be the single-point cloud filing system I've been dreaming of for 15 years.

I'm currently a Paytrust user for bill pay - but it's woefully bad in that it can't grab nearly 1/2 of my bills.