Proceed with AMEX Financial Review?

The last post in this topic was posted 2477 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Lol no, I know where my family's money comes from, but not where the money on my tax returns is factored in.

I still haven't heard from AMEX. The rep told me she'd be in touch with me probably this weekend, but nothing and my card is still suspended. I sent in the form again Wednesday morning. I'm just ready to get a decision now. I don't even care what the outcome is at this point. My card has been frozen for 2 weeks and counting.

Edited by zorbachs

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol no, I know where my family's money comes from, but not where the money on my tax returns is factored in.

I still haven't heard from AMEX. The rep told me she'd be in touch with me probably this weekend, but nothing and my card is still suspended. I sent in the form again Wednesday morning. I'm just ready to get a decision now. I don't even care what the outcome is at this point. My card has been frozen for 2 weeks and counting.

They might need to push it up for review and the weekend staff can't make a call. Your case isn't the usual one.

Keep in mind that these FR's are done in India (at least the one I did a few years ago was)... so pretty sure it's already tomorrow there :)

I actually raised holy hell with them about transferring such deep & detailed personal stuff overseas. The full tax return info they are gaining access to includes such things as charitable contributions ($ and cause), spousal support payments, dependent information ... medical deductions... bank & investment account data. Ugh.

Good luck with it-

Keep in mind that these FR's are done in India (at least the one I did a few years ago was)... so pretty sure it's already tomorrow there :)

I actually raised holy hell with them about transferring such deep & detailed personal stuff overseas. The full tax return info they are gaining access to includes such things as charitable contributions ($ and cause), spousal support payments, dependent information ... medical deductions... bank & investment account data. Ugh.

Good luck with it-

Yupppppp. Perfect reason to decline and do business elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

India?? Yikes. The rep I spoke with was in the mountain time zone. I didn't know they sent them off to India. I really hope I haven't done anything that's going to put these accounts at risk. I know FRs have occurred before and I haven't heard of anything wrong happening with them, but yeah that kind of worries me.

Too late now though. I thought I'd hear from them today but so far, nothing.

Good luck with it-

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're using their India center for FRs now. When I last dealt with them in 2006 they were only using India for late night calls, the FR I dealt with was handled out of Salt Lake City. I really wouldn't care to have sensitive personal information like tax return transcripts to be handled out of the US. AMEX isn't alone as you all know, customer service is rapidly being offsourced out of the country.

I've never spoken with anyone in India before through AMEX unless they hid their accent really well. The rep I'm dealing with with my FR definitely isn't Indian and the people I've spoken to through the regular CS line seem to be US based too.

I've always been able to tell with other companies who the foreign call centers are, with bank of america, microsoft, and the like.

Congratulations. As I said long ago you are the kind of customer Amex wants to keep. I also believe you did the right thing providing the additional dox along with the IRS release. Your IRS based tax alone would have been problematic.

I've always assumed if you close an account you have to apply for a new one just as if you never had one. Didn't know Amex had any other regs.

I called back and the rep reinstated the platinum card. Now, I need to get to $3,000 by August 4 to get those 100,000 membership rewards points. Hopefully I don't get FR'd again if I try some manufactured spending. If I recall, I read here they can't do it again for at least 6 months.

I called back and the rep reinstated the platinum card. Now, I need to get to $3,000 by August 4 to get those 100,000 membership rewards points. Hopefully I don't get FR'd again if I try some manufactured spending. If I recall, I read here they can't do it again for at least 6 months.

They can, and will.

$3k is simple enough in M$ terms.

Don't do Manufactured Spend. Especially with Amex.

So putting my bills on the card will trigger it again? The woman on the phone told me she honestly had no idea why I had been flagged and that my credit report was excellent and something everyone would wish they would have.

I won't go to CVS and spend $1000 a day or anything. She said I needed to spend $3000 before August 4 to get the bonus and noted it on my account that I had the signup bonus RSVP. I guess if I fail to reach it, I'll just downgrade to the gold again.

It's unlikely they will do it again so soon.

It's happened on other forums.

Don't do Manufactured Spend. Especially with Amex.

Why not? He's just meeting the spend requirements.

People MS just fine with AMEX. But in his case, he needs to do it in small amounts.

It's unlikely they will do it again so soon.

It has happened before but is rare. As I recall the subsequent FRs involved unusal spending and/or repeated CLI requests/apps for more AMEX cards.

This.

So putting my bills on the card will trigger it again? The woman on the phone told me she honestly had no idea why I had been flagged and that my credit report was excellent and something everyone would wish they would have.

I won't go to CVS and spend $1000 a day or anything. She said I needed to spend $3000 before August 4 to get the bonus and noted it on my account that I had the signup bonus RSVP. I guess if I fail to reach it, I'll just downgrade to the gold again.

Don't let people scare you. You'll be fine, as long as you don't go overboard.

I have a bluebird account I might try to use in small amounts, maybe a few hundred dollars here and there for my power bill that doesn't accept AMEX. I'm also buying a new iPad in the next few weeks. I'm not going to go way over $3,000 by august 4 though. I don't want to trigger another one of these even though I escaped this one unscathed. They didn't initiate any limit on any charge cards thankfully.

The last post in this topic was posted 2477 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.