Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien?

The last post in this topic was posted 2496 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a lot of baddies (25 with 17 being collections) I need to work on including a unexpected Tax Lien from 2009. Yesterday, when I got off work and got the mail, there was a letter from irs. I thought it was my monthly tax bill statement but the letter said Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien. It says to keep the letter in a safe place and it has already been mailed to the place of filing.

Do I need to do anything? How soon will this be off my credit report or will it just say the lien is satisfied and keep reporting?

I would love for this to finally be off my report. Thx

It will just show as paid released for the next 7 years, you need to file form 12277 to get the lien withdrawn and it off your CRs.

Thanks gdale6 - will do. With all the baddies I have, I am not even sure I will see any kind of score increase but in the meantime, I will keep chugging along and get that form filed ASAP. Every little bit helps.

The last post in this topic was posted 2496 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Menta33
      For those of you with the 3% JCB Marukai, you can pay your federal taxes with this card and make out ahead of the fees:
      https://www.officialpayments.com/fed/index.jsp They charge 2.35% so you net 0.75% on federal tax payments, plus you can get the float on the money until the bill comes due. Further, I've found that if your credit limit is too low, you can pay down the account to a negative balance and you can charge up to your credit limit, so if your limit was $2,500 and you paid the account down to negative $2,500, you could make a single $5,000 charge and have it go through.

For those of you without the Marukai card, I recommend:
      https://payusatax.com/ They charge 1.87% (but it doesn't work for JCB) but if you have a 2% rebate card on Visa/MC/Amex/Discover they you will make out ahead of the fees, netting 0.13%.

Now if only you could buy Amex Gift Cards with a JCB card you could really make out like a bandit!
    • By ubermama
      We paid a tax lien in 2008 and it was released that same year. I thought that tax liens aren't supposed to remain on the credit report after they are released? What do I need to do to get that off my husband's credit report? Thank you!
    • By ICANHASMUNY?
      http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/11/12/debts-canceled-by-bankruptcy-still-mar-consumer-credit-scores/?_r=1

Now lawyers with the United States Trustee Program, an arm of the Justice Department, are investigating JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup and Synchrony Financial, formerly known as GE Capital Retail Finance, suspecting the banks of violating federal bankruptcy law by ignoring the discharge injunction, say people briefed on the investigations.

------------

But the banks have offered defenses in court documents filed in conjunction with those lawsuits brought by Charles Juntikka, a bankruptcy lawyer in Manhattan, and George F. Carpinello, a partner with Boies, Schiller & Flexner. Those lawsuits — seeking class-action status on behalf of the borrowers — accuse the banks of bolstering the value of their debt by refusing to erase debts that were discharged in bankruptcy.

The banks have moved to throw out the lawsuits, arguing that they comply with the law and accurately report discharged debts to the credit agencies. Their lawyers have argued that the banks typically sell off debts to third-party debt buyers, and have no interest in recouping payments on the stale debts.
      Some bankruptcy judges, however, have questioned whether the banks’ sale of the debts is precisely what the problem is.

Judge Drain, who is presiding over the cases, posited that the banks’ ability to sell the soured debts depends on ignoring the bankruptcy discharge in order to collect money from people who don’t have to legally pay it.

In July, the judge refused to throw out the lawsuit against JPMorgan, saying that the “complaint sets forth a cause of action that Chase is using the inaccuracy of its credit reporting on a systematic basis to further its business of selling debts and its buyer’s collection of such debt.”

During a hearing last year on a related case, transcripts show, Judge Drain said, “I might refer this, if the facts come out as counsel’s alleging, to the U.S. attorney,” for criminal prosecution.
      Newly unsealed court documents reviewed by The Times illustrate how the banks handle payments from borrowers on stale debts, including those voided in bankruptcy. In contracts with debt buyers that were filed with the court, the banks outline the steps they will take when payments are made on charged-off debts.

In one contract between FIA Card Services, a subsidiary of Bank of America, and a debt buyer, the seller can keep any payments it receives 18 months or later after the sale. Before then, the contract shows, the lender will send any payments to the debt buyer.

Another contract between JPMorgan and a debt buyer allows the bank to keep a percentage — the exact amount is redacted in the court’s copy of the contract — of any payments sent in on the debts.

Those contracts shed light on the shadowy market of soured debts, including tens of billions of dollars that were voided in bankruptcy. Some banks sell off long overdue bills, which eventually wind up being extinguished in bankruptcy after the sale, for steeply discounted prices to debt buyers.
    • By nyny12
      Hi

new the forum, i been reading alot of posts and really help me, so i wanted to share back.thanks to you all for the help

i app for amex 11-4 after 20 years of not having the card, i said let try for the amex blue.pulled ex. i called recon they said since you had a card and it was in your bk you can not get one. i said after 20 years i cant come back the rep said no, i called again two hours later same answer, i was blown away.

the same day i went for the barclays arrival got the message will let you know 7-10 days, i called recon they asked a few questions,approved 5,000 pulled trans

i went also for the discover it card approved 800.00 pulled EQ,

so i said let me try one more pulled the trigger went for the apple barclays card 1000 pulled EX

fico -710

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    simmonsm609

Important Information

Guidelines