GUESS whose FICO is 772, EX spotless and Amex-ready...?!

HoustonLynne

The last post in this topic was posted 3062 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I've been waiting for this moment for eons...and it's here! I have one SPOTLESS report -- EX shook free of the paid CO from 2007 (TXU Energy) and I just lifted my freeze for 7 days. :clapping:

My EX FICO (myFICO.com) 5 minutes ago was 772, up from 671 on 3/31/2014. That's 101 points in about 35 days...? Not too shabby, eh...? :wave:

AAOA is 6 years.

I need some help...I could do A-WHOLE-LOTTA-DAMAGE in 7 days, so I need a plan. You folks are far more likely to be thinking more clearly than I am at the moment, so let's hear your ideas.

I have NO personal Amex, yet -- I'm *D with an AU card (2009) and I want a revolver. And I would bet money that they will soft me tonight, because they do that every time my EX report changes, whether good or bad. And the CO just disappeared today -- was there at 6:30am; gone at 4:30pm.

I also have a new account with Regions that I'm not sure I'd rather have it report first or not...would be another hit to my AAOA, but it's a $5K line, so there's that.

I also want something for an EX monthly FICO, and I know FNBO is funky about INQs...I have 6 total; 4 are in the past 12 months. ARS and IDA are Frozen. ;)

I currently have these REPORTING:

NFCU cashRewards -- $14K (since Dec. 2013)

Walmart Store Card -- $5K (since Jan. 2014)

Logix Platinum -- $2.5K (since Dec. 2013)

Capital One (blah) -- $500 (since Dec. 2013)

(one closed, positive store card from 1992)

Student Loan

Logix Auto Loan

So...what's the plan. peeps...?? :search:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRATS! Whatever you decide, might wanna hit up Logix for a CLI along the way. :) and CAP 1 too...

Thanks! Logix is on the list, but I won't burn an EX hit on them. I'll wait til the card is 6 months old next month, and EQ should be spotless by then, too. ;)

Cap1...don't get me started. I have an email to the EO prepared, as soon as all 3 are clean. I burned them for roughly $5K in COs in 2005, so I can't be too uppity with them, just yet. :wave:

I would try USAA since you are in with Navy. They pull EQ though.

They give high credit lines.

Wish I could...I IIB them in 1999...I'm still a full member, but unless I pay them $4200, I can't have any banking products. (I have insurance from them still.) Great suggestion for most folks, though. I love USAA!

congrats, that's a great feeling.

apply for Amex charge + revolver on the same day. charge first. should be 1 inq.

just look at the list and pick the cards that are most useful to you. you can always go with the one with the best bonus and then PC after 1 year before the AF hits.

FNBO should be ok with ARS on ice. that's what they usually use to decline based on inqs.

Wait until AMEX does an AR and then pull the trigger...Have you considered a Chase card? They double pull EX & EQ...at least they did for me so YMMV. They may be satisfied with a clean EX and a frozen EQ.

Good luck on your spree...

Thank you! I'm scared of Chase for now. They inherited a Providian CO of mine (2005) for about $9K. :( I'm gonna let 'em WANT me for a while... :blush2:

congrats, that's a great feeling.

apply for Amex charge + revolver on the same day. charge first. should be 1 inq.

just look at the list and pick the cards that are most useful to you. you can always go with the one with the best bonus and then PC after 1 year before the AF hits.

FNBO should be ok with ARS on ice. that's what they usually use to decline based on inqs.

It's a feeling I cannot describe. Question -- isn't FNBO weird about new accounts, too? I have mostly new, and if I wait for Regions to report, I'm further sunk. :swoon:

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!! :clapping:

Check out the visuals:

EX_FICO_050514_zpsbd8d4aad.png

Awesome dude. Congrats. I'd go the Amex route if I were you. Are you opted in? Have you been getting any pre-approvals?

I'm opted out, so no pre-approvals...but I'm in their system with an AU corporate card, so they soft me every time my EX changes at all. They should do another AR tonight, given today's change.

Awesome dude.

:blink:

:rofl:

Congrats! :clapping:

Thank you, mendelssohn...what do you recommend??

I would try USAA since you are in with Navy. They pull EQ though.

They give high credit lines.

Wish I could...I IIB them in 1999...I'm still a full member, but unless I pay them $4200, I can't have any banking products. (I have insurance from them still.) Great suggestion for most folks, though. I love USAA!

I paid $1,000 back to Navy to settle a charge off back 5 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made.

Now have over $22,000 in credit with them by taking a short term loss.

Hopefully, you can pay back USAA and get back in the door with them.

Good luck on your spree. I am done I have over 12 new accounts and have to let them age. Gardening sucks!

Awesome dude. Congrats. I'd go the Amex route if I were you. Are you opted in? Have you been getting any pre-approvals?

I'm opted out, so no pre-approvals...but I'm in their system with an AU corporate card, so they soft me every time my EX changes at all. They should do another AR tonight, given today's change.

Awesome dude.

:blink:
:rofl:

Congrats! :clapping:

Thank you, mendelssohn...what do you recommend??

Rewards cards that you will use. Get an Amex for D* and wait to app for additional Amex cards until January 2015 for maximum D*. That is unless there are cards that you absolutely want now. :D

Haha...I've been called FAR worse than "Dude"...I assure you!

And I'm going for Amex BCE tomorrow, after Amex ARs me tonight. And I'm working on an FNBO Direct card now, for the 2% cashback for the first year and the monthly EX FICO. :clapping:

This "waiting" stuff is for the birds. I've opened the FNBO Direct online savings account that is required before you can apply for the card, and my funding deposit has been initiated -- it'll be completed within 3 business days. *sigh*

And I just hope Murphy and his Law don't pull a fast one on me and make this the very first time Amex doesn't AR me on the same day my EX changes in any way whatsoever.

C'mon, 6am...!! (Maybe 5:30...) This is more painful than waiting on Santa.

The last post in this topic was posted 3062 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.