Sign in to follow this  
Wisecredit

shopping card trick question:

Question: I tried the shopping card trick with New York and company and was not given the option to check out using a NY & C card. I had to manually apply is this correct?

No, you probably got a hard pull. Are you opted in? You need to be for it to work.

Have some restraint on the shopping cart "trick" cards. Many people here have gone overboard and have a large portfolio of low limit store cards.

Wow, never heard of that before, pretty neat.

It isn't pretty neat to end up with 4, 9, or 47 useless store cards. Tread lightly or you'll end up with a drawer full of crap to manage.

It's really not.

It isn't pretty neat to end up with 4, 9, or 47 useless store cards. Tread lightly or you'll end up with a drawer full of crap to manage.

+1

i agree not to go overboard but they dont all stay low limit cards. Most of ours are over 3k now. DW uses VS, JC and Express quite a bit. The VS is around 4k plus she gets a ton of free stuff. I will never complain about paying a VS bill!! The deer urine card is the one I regret but it helps with UTL. good luck

Managing my drawer gives me something to do on rainy days and lonely nights. :blush2:

110zwiq.jpg

Choose ONE card, and one only. And choose one that you believe you can actually use every once in a while to keep the card open, and to give yourself the opportunity to earn credit line increases.

i agree not to go overboard but they dont all stay low limit cards. Most of ours are over 3k now. DW uses VS, JC and Express quite a bit. The VS is around 4k plus she gets a ton of free stuff. I will never complain about paying a VS bill!! The deer urine card is the one I regret but it helps with UTL. good luck

What? :rofl:

What? :rofl:

C'mon, how many places sell deer pee? I'm guessing Sportsman's Guide Visa, since we are on the subject of Comenity. And deer pee.

so, if I opt back in, this trick will work for me

No guarantees, it was almost a year out of BK for me before it started working... and then I never used it. :)

so, if I opt back in, this trick will work for me

There's a chance it would work for you, it's not guaranteed. The only thing guaranteed is no pop-ups if you are opted out.

If you opt back in, you have to wait 30 days, I believe.

I've got $20k limit at Button Factory.

That beats my Modern Slattern limit all to hell.