Never underestimate the power of a well-aimed RECON EMAIL

The last post in this topic was posted 2560 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

If at first you don’t succeed, you have nothing to lose by trying again…and aiming higher.

(Caveat: some have incurred additional HPs in recon attempts. YMMV.)

Two weeks ago I went into my local branch of a large regional bank (operating in 16 states) to close a checking account I was seldom using. The Team Leader who always helps me told me he could run a pre-qualifying credit card app, and while I was reasonably certain it wouldn’t work (I’m opted out), I also know they are primarily a TU puller – odds were in my favor that there wasn’t much to lose. I rightly guessed that my “soft, pre-qual app” turned into a HP, but it was on TU, and those have a bizarre habit of getting lost. Here today; gone in 56 tomorrows. :dntknw:

My banker told me it would take 1-2 business days for an answer, and he checked on it the next business day. I was initially approved for $5K in the automated phase of the process, but an underwriter vetoed the software’s decision and denied me, based on the 2 remaining medical collections that are currently in Why Chat Mode.

I searched high and low for a backdoor number or email – their “insider info” is guarded like a State Secret. But I’m a pretty savvy sleuth – which has annoyed more than one boyfriend along the way – and I felt reasonably certain I’d figured out the proper email formatting for employees. Yesterday, I hurled what turned out to be a rightly aimed dart at the Chief Credit Officer listed under Executive Leadership on their website.

Thursday:

5:10pm – I sent email

6:09pm – I received brief but very personal reply AFTER "bankers' hours"; thanked me & congratulated me for aspiring to join the FICO 800 Club; someone will review it and get back to me within

a few days

8:30pm – I replied with my sincere thanks

Friday:

3:41pm – I received a generously personal response from a different person: EVP, Consumer Credit Executive – approved for $5K; original contact was copied on email

4:05pm – I was overwhelmed by their level of personal service and replied to both, letting them know they’d earned a customer for life

In summary, you’ll win some…and you’ll lose some. But always remember the immortal words of Wayne Gretzky:

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. :wave:

Mind on sharing the bank.. so we know who deserves our business.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping folks will stay focused on the theme of my post rather than the lender, itself. However, you make a well-positioned appeal. ;)

So...it is BECAUSE I hope people will give this bank their business that I will add that the fantastic service came from Regions Bank.

The last post in this topic was posted 2560 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mizliz1011
      There are several that stand out in my memory...

DCU secured card -0- (ok in retrospect)
      CapOne secured card -0- (ok in retrospect exc for EX pull)
      $1K spg AmEx (Why so little?)
      requested NFCU CLI to $10K from $5K ($45K in savings and MMA and a $10K secured card)
      BCP AmEx (-0- wasted Ex pull)

and to top it off

Citi double cash 12/31 (wasted Ex pull)

Have $87.5 with perfect payment record... totally pissed off. Would have been happy with $1K to get into the door. Totally bereft over wasted HI.

Happy New Year- get out all of your complaints HERE! Who's next?
    • By Quietman
      Trying to build DW's credit file, she able to join this weekend based on my membership. I've been a member for about 5 years. Currently, her credit report is thin.

The pulled Equifax and TU for membership, then TU the next business day for CC approval. (all entered in the credit pulls database)

She was given a $10K Flagship Rewards card.

Her FICO scores:

Exp : 789
      TU : 798
      Eq : 806

I know it's not a "great" limit for Navy, but once her Amex $28K limit posts to the CRA's, you can bet we'll be getting out the "prybar".

• By MJPEREZ77
      Hi CBers,

I have a question for you. DW app'd for the SYNC Home Design CC w/ EX frozen, after numerous calls to finally get to the correct UW department, and getting the right UW, we had them pull TU and she was approved (and on the 2nd call got a CLI, gotta luv SYNC!!! ). So we wanted to each get the Barclay's US Airways CC, she app'd and was Declined. NOW NORMALLY, I'd have her recon. BUT, as she has many new accts in the last 90 days, I am weary of having her call and have an UW look at her file as I have read that Barclay's is very new acct "sensitive". I remember a comment left for me once by someone on here, something about a farm animal getting slaughtered, lol. So I am thinking of letting this one go as to not bring any unwanted attention to her that might result in AA or a CLD. Am I thinking logically? Thanks again for your input!

Have a great rest of your week!!!
    • By lethargic
      Just called the Chase recon line regarding my Sapphire Preferred application.

Called up and spoke to a really nice gentleman for about 15 minutes. I had a security freeze on Experian and I gave him the pin to lift that.

He asked me a few questions about my BK in 2010. He asked about my mortgage and income. Then put me on hold for about five minutes and came back saying that he had to send it up the ladder for further review because of the BK. He said in 7-10 business days I would either get my card in the mail or an explanation for the decline.

I asked him what his thoughts were and he said he was satisfied and he had been doing it for a long time and he had was good at reading credit... but yet it was forwarded for further review.

Anybody get this message before? I really need to stop applying for cards!
    • By MJPEREZ77
      Hi, wondering if anyone has a Current B of A Recon phone #. I have tried the ones here and have had NO LUCK! DW just got denied for a Better Balance Rewards Card after a $9k CLI on Plat Plus. Hoping to take advantage of the this, since it was a Pre Qual Offer.

Thanks

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Edearing5

Important Information

Guidelines