What can I share on these forums? How paranoid should I be?

The last post in this topic was posted 2565 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I've been researching these forums for the past few days since I had a derog on my CRs. I'm even learning all he acronyms.

Immediately I wondered if the collection agencies themselves ever read these boards. I know I shouldn't use my real name or SSN, but is it okay to share things like collections amount, DOFD, collection agency, original creditor, etc?

I don't want to frustrate the people trying to help me on these boards by being cagey.

How much it too much? What does and doesn't matter? How paranoid are you?

I believe it has been said many times that some of them do read the forum. Assume they are reading what you write. So don't write anything that makes you easily identifiable.

Edited by Tyra

@credithunting Thank you for that and thank you one and all.

I'm only dealing with one JBC at this point for less than $250 so I don't believe they'll be putting too much effort into research. I'm reading through the @BobWang thread to try to understand what happened there.

I get the impression that other board members are not going to be put off or frustrated if I don't give exact dates and amounts.

Thank you for all your help.

@credithunting I've purchased monitoring from the three CRAs so I could watch my scores while I applied for credit. (I have one new card to start and that attracted the JDB.) What do I use for FAKO scores in my signature? EX: 604. EQ: 607. TU: has something silly like 2F? Are those they? They all went down after the derog.

@credithunting I've purchased monitoring from the three CRAs so I could watch my scores while I applied for credit. (I have one new card to start and that attracted the JDB.) What do I use for FAKO scores in my signature? EX: 604. EQ: 607. TU: has something silly like 2F? Are those they? They all went down after the derog.

those fako's are meaningless don't worry about a siggy right now work on your baddie there many many excellent posts here read read read then ask ask ask.. ;)

The last post in this topic was posted 2565 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.