Sign in to follow this  
Menta33

Will fraud alert impact CLI request on existing account?

Experian does not listen, we asked for a security freeze for my DW and they added a fraud alert in November. Then after 90 days and the the other bureaus removing the alert, it was still there, we asked them to remove it and they removed the security freeze, wrote again, and the reinstated both the security freeze and the fraud alert for another 90 days.

We wanted to apply for the JCB discover 3% card, but after speaking to them by phone they made it sound like that would be a denial and a wasted Experian inquiry.

Now I'm wondering if we can request CLI increase with NFCU on a CC with the fraud alert showing and not have the fraud alert be an issue. Also, wondering about doing a Capital One Executive Office CLI request since it has been six months since the last increase.

Should we wait for the next 90 days (which does not seem to be sufficient time for Experian to remove anyway) or go ahead and apply for CLIs?

Here is the letter I sent which caused the fraud alert to be adding in again (note that for myself back in November they updated my longstanding freeze and did not apply a fraud alert with practically identical letters):

I just received your letter dated March 13, 2014 indicating that you removed the security freeze from my account, this is in error, I do not want my security freeze permanently removed, instead, I wish the security freeze reinstated with the same PIN: xxxxx and the fraud alert removed which is now more than 90 days old and which I never requested in the first place.

As a California resident I previously supplied proof of identity theft to maintain the waived fees related to my security freeze. Please annotate my account for future temporary security freeze lift requests submitted over the Internet to have the fee waived automatically.

Enclosed please find once again my notarized Identity Theft Victim’s Complaint and Affidavit along with a copy of my Police report where I reported the Identity Theft and alleged violation of CA Penal Code 530.5.

In summary Security Freeze: Yes

Fraud Alert: No

your letter mentions ID theft and even includes a police report.

I can see why minimum wage letter openers put the FA back on regardless of what else you said in the letter.

your letter mentions ID theft and even includes a police report.

I can see why minimum wage letter openers put the FA back on regardless of what else you said in the letter.

+1

You specifically mentioned fraud occurred.... what am I not understanding here...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You specifically mentioned fraud occurred.... what am I not understanding here...

You have to cite fraud for free security freeze in California. We had a stolen credit card number a year and a half ago which is the basis of our free security freeze access under California law.

You have to cite fraud for free security freeze in California.

so basically, you got what you paid for, lol.

I pay the few dollars and manage it myself online.

well worth it.

You have to cite fraud for free security freeze in California.

so basically, you got what you paid for, lol.

They sure did. Sometimes saving 10 dollars... isn't actually saving you anything.

Would of just paid the ten bucks and got the correct service.

It is not just one time, each lift is $10.

Would of just paid the ten bucks and got the correct service.

It is not just one time, each lift is $10.

Temporary lifts are free. Freezes are tools, we use them to gain an advantage when we procure credit. The 20 bucks per 6 months that it costs me is well worth the gains I achieved.

You can't get mad at Ex/tu/EQ for placing a fraud alert on your account after you specifically told them fraud occurred. It may not have been your desired result but they aren't only servicing you and your needs.

For some reason Equifax and TransUnion have fraud alerts on them. I've not had a problem with credit limit increases or new approvals at all. The only lender to mention it was Bank of America. I applied for and was approved for their business card after providing some more information over the telephone to a female analyst. About ten minutes after I hung up she rang back and said she forgot she needed to confirm some items on the credit report due to a fraud alert. I don't see why you'd have a problem.

Temporary lifts are free.

not in my state at least. same price each time.

Temporary lifts are free.

not in my state at least. same price each time.

I just did a 7 day temp unfreeze on EX. Was free. The original freeze was 10.70