How many gecrb cards do you have? Credit limits?

The last post in this topic was posted 2506 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

AMAZON= 25K

LOWES=25K

JCPENNYS=10K

CARECREDIT=18K

DISCOUNT TIRE=2,500

Had walmart discover 25k closed it and paypal buyers credit 25k also closed that.

Had cards for little over a year,And at that time my ch7 BK was still on my reports with a score at that time low 700s.

Edited by MGB007

I went on an app spree last month (my first since fixing up my credit) and got all the ones listed in my siggy on the same day. They're only a month old so I have awhile before I ask for a CLI but I'm hoping to get rid of the last 2 baddies on TU before then.

AMAZON= 25K

LOWES=25K

JCPENNYS=10K

CARECREDIT=18K

DISCOUNT TIRE=2,500

Had walmart discover 25k closed it and paypal buyers credit 25k also closed that.

Had cards for little over a year,And at that time my ch7 BK was still on my reports with a score at that time low 700s.

Can I ask why you closed those 2?

Walmart and amazon have had for 8 months

The other 2 for 6 months

Credit is average. Never late no baddies just a lot of usage and inquiries

Have you been calling the Backdoor for GECRB every 4 months and asking for an increase to $25k? That's what you're supposed to do supposedly.

my GECRB cards are in my siggy... LOVE them....

FYI-

Walmart is changing from Discover to MasterCard later this year...

Dillard's Credit Services is being sold to Wells Fargo later this year...

GE is doing an IPO for their Retail Bank... then has plans to sell it...

SO... get them while they're hot !! At least ask for CLI's like every 3-4 months... never know what the subsequent owners will do...

If they're successful in the sell, I hope its spread out to different creditors to diversify risk... would be awful if Capital One or Comenity actually buys it...

I have three... Walmart 5K limit, which has grown all the way from $300. Something like $300->500->1000->2900->5000 all automatic CLIs. My amazon has grown from 1000 -> 1700 -> 2900, again automatic. Lowes' card same story, 1000 -> 1700. They seem to like usage and see you carrying a balance.

I have three... Walmart 5K limit, which has grown all the way from $300. Something like $300->500->1000->2900->5000 all automatic CLIs. My amazon has grown from 1000 -> 1700 -> 2900, again automatic. Lowes' card same story, 1000 -> 1700. They seem to like usage and see you carrying a balance.

I always PIF, haven't paid GE a cent... although I have taken advantage of promos (buy certain amount, then have certain months to pay) with no interest with Amazon and Walmart.

Because of my usage on the cards though I am sure GE makes money in regards to interchange/network fees. I earn a lot of points (shopping certificates) on Banana Republic and TJX (Maxx, Marshalls, etc) and loads of $10 gift coupons from JCPenneys because of usage.

My Lowe's card, I charged 2 gift cards and left it alone for 5 months then I received auto CLIs for the next 2-3 months after... then I bought a nice handheld shower thingy...

I only have Walmart and have used it twice in the 3 months I've had it. Highest balance I've had on it was $96, and it was PIF before statement on both purchases I've made.

Was approved at $600 in January -- CLI this week to $5K.

I'd been denied on 2 other CLI requests, though. Third time was the charm...and the fact that I'd removed another baddie since the 2nd attempt. :)

YMMV.

Walmart and amazon have had for 8 months

The other 2 for 6 months

Credit is average. Never late no baddies just a lot of usage and inquiries

Have you been calling the Backdoor for GECRB every 4 months and asking for an increase to $25k? That's what you're supposed to do supposedly.

I always wondered something about the every 4 months. Do you still call if they give you an auto CLI? Arent those done every 4 months too?

The last post in this topic was posted 2506 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.