Sign in to follow this  
mamiso

Navy Federal Credit Cards - What's the best (easiest) way to pay bill?

Yo peeps...

Anyone got a good way of paying their NFCU credit card bill?

I went online and it seems the only way to pay the bill is to transfer from the NFCU checking or savings...

Haven't received my first statement yet... Is there a coupon to mail in if I want to go that route? or to use at the ATM?

Seems a little antiquated for me to first deposit then transfer money to pay the bill.. no ACH?

Transfer from NFCU checking to credit card. Transfer from Checking is instant, but will appear on Credit account next day.

I just use bill pay from my regular bank and "push" the payment to my NFCU credit card. The first time I made a large payment, NAVY held the funds for several days. But ever since that first big payment cleared I have not experienced the same. Keep in mind it takes about 2 business days for my bank to push the bill payment and NFCU to receive it. It might be faster or slower depending on the individual institution that sends the payment.

You can register an external bank account (from another financial institution) and pay via the transfers tab ---> Transfer funds to / from another financial institution ---> One time transfer. You then select the to and from accounts.

I do it this way all the time. You must first register your external bank account, you will see the option one you get to step 2 above.

You can register an external bank account (from another financial institution) and pay via the transfers tab ---> Transfer funds to / from another financial institution ---> One time transfer. You then select the to and from accounts.

I do it this way all the time. You must first register your external bank account, you will see the option one you get to step 2 above.

+1

+1

Be careful of fees, though. Some banks/CUs charge for external transfers.

Thank you all, for your advice...

I logged in and added an external account (BofA) and was told that paperwork confirmation was coming to my address on file. (scratching my head). Guess they still need paper and ink as CYA. Its all good.

I will need to check on fees for external transfers etc. Thanks for the heads up.

If there are fees, then I'll just "bill pay" as suggested since that's free at my bank but they take money too early and hold on to it in a general ledger... probably making millions on interest...

I'd cut BofA loose and just DD with NFCU, if I hadn't been a BofA customer since birth... My checks used to say "Valued Customer for over 25 Years" and my ATM card used to be a Gold Medallion VIP with a "Cust Since" date but they cut all that out... Still parents said never to put all your eggs in one basket so I'll hold on to it a while longer...

Wondering how long the whole process of receiving paperwork and returning it signed will take. Ugh. Hopefully I can fax or email it in...

Thanks again :wave:

I logged in and added an external account (BofA) and was told that paperwork confirmation was coming to my address on file. (scratching my head). Guess they still need paper and ink as CYA. Its all good.

I will need to check on fees for external transfers etc. Thanks for the heads up.

If there are fees, then I'll just "bill pay" as suggested since that's free at my bank but they take money too early and hold on to it in a general ledger... probably making millions on interest...

I'd cut BofA loose and just DD with NFCU, if I hadn't been a BofA customer since birth... My checks used to say "Valued Customer for over 25 Years" and my ATM card used to be a Gold Medallion VIP with a "Cust Since" date but they cut all that out... Still parents said never to put all your eggs in one basket so I'll hold on to it a while longer...

Wondering how long the whole process of receiving paperwork and returning it signed will take. Ugh. Hopefully I can fax or email it in...

NFCU does not charge fees for this.

If my memory serves me correct, you can call NFCU and they will verify your account over the phone. I don't remember exactly how but I know I did it this way.

+1

Be careful of fees, though. Some banks/CUs charge for external transfers.

I bank with USAA and it's free.

They send you a paper with a confirmation code that you enter online. Not exactly sure how this verifies the account, but that's how they work with external accounts.

lucky4, on 14 Apr 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

I just use bill pay from my regular bank and "push" the payment to my NFCU credit card. The first time I made a large payment, NAVY held the funds for several days. But ever since that first big payment cleared I have not experienced the same. Keep in mind it takes about 2 business days for my bank to push the bill payment and NFCU to receive it. It might be faster or slower depending on the individual institution that sends the payment.

I do this, too. Not a fan of billers "pulling" my money.

Since all the banks I use get my money where it needs to be when I want it there, I never enter any bank information at a billers website.

HTH

Yes, you can call them and they will give you the code. If the CS rep. says she cannot, hang up and call back later and try again. They will also msg it to you if you msg them and ask. I use an outsideside transfer for both car and credit card and never any issues.

Yo peeps...

Anyone got a good way of paying their NFCU credit card bill?

I went online and it seems the only way to pay the bill is to transfer from the NFCU checking or savings...

Haven't received my first statement yet... Is there a coupon to mail in if I want to go that route? or to use at the ATM?

Seems a little antiquated for me to first deposit then transfer money to pay the bill.. no ACH?

That's the best way to pay it. Just transfer it from your NFCU checking account to your credit card account. It takes 1 day for it to post. I do it all the time.

Thanks for the last round of replies, everyone :)

I called NFCU today and the said she could do it over the phone but would have to ask me randomly-generated questions.

I went through the motions and she activated it online for me, I just had to log out and then back in.

Then she transferred me to the credit card section and they put me through the same loops to choose my ATM PIN access number for my Flagship Visa.

Like FORT KNOX this place is....

hehehe Its all good though... got everything settled, though I hope they didn't do any hard pulls to get these "randomly-generated questions".

lucky4, on 14 Apr 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

I do this, too. Not a fan of billers "pulling" my money.

Since all the banks I use get my money where it needs to be when I want it there, I never enter any bank information at a billers website.

HTH

Does anyone know of any dangers of entering Bank info at billers website and could that potentially be used against you in case of default?