Been disputing like a madman, getting frustrated....

cosimo

The last post in this topic was posted 3085 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ok so I've researched this board constantly and began my latest repair journey about 5 months ago... I fell into a deep hole back when the recession hit and am trying to make amends. Heres what I'm working with:

I have 8 cards reporting, 1 from BofA ($8,500 CO as of 11/10), 1 from Target ($500 CO as of 8/10), Care credit (no balance reported, transferred '10), PayPal (no bal reported, transferred '10), HSBC ($1,000 CO 12/10) HSBC ($400 CO 12/10), Macys ($2,500 CO 12/10), Discover ($3,400 CO 11/10).

These all had collection agencies attached to them. Thanks to this board, I managed to get everyone of them (about 12) deleted and my score popped from avg 491 to about 560 today.

While the CAs deleted easily, these Original creditors aren't moving...

The 2 HSBCs I first disputed via certified mail 3 years ago. Came back as verified. Did another round last year and no budge. Wrote directly to HSBC, no response. Filed CFPB complaint. Been 40 days, no response as of yet.

BofA, sent both CRAs and BofA letters, and BofA sent back my purchase history and all of that. Discover and Macys did the same.

CareCredit and PayPal (both GE accounts) have not responded to my letters sent to them. Filed CFPB, 40 days and no response.

Im just trying to figure out which direction to now take. The CFPB has helped especially with the Collection Agencies (Midland was the worst, owning 5 of my accounts alone) and all were deleted but like I said, I cannot get these Originals off. I have sent them nice letters asking for forgiveness and all of that. I even offered to pay Discover in full and they said too late.

If I keep disputing to the CRAs, it will just be tossed as frivolous so I must change up my strategy or just wait until 2016-17 for them to drop and I'd much rather take the former. Any sound advice? Grazie!

Ok so I've researched this board constantly and began my latest repair journey about 5 months ago... I fell into a deep hole back when the recession hit and am trying to make amends. Heres what I'm working with:

I have 8 cards reporting, 1 from BofA ($8,500 CO as of 11/10), 1 from Target ($500 CO as of 8/10), Care credit (no balance reported, transferred '10), PayPal (no bal reported, transferred '10), HSBC ($1,000 CO 12/10) HSBC ($400 CO 12/10), Macys ($2,500 CO 12/10), Discover ($3,400 CO 11/10).

These all had collection agencies attached to them. Thanks to this board, I managed to get everyone of them (about 12) deleted and my score popped from avg 491 to about 560 today.

The 2 HSBCs I first disputed via certified mail 3 years ago. Came back as verified. Did another round last year and no budge. Wrote directly to HSBC, no response. Filed CFPB complaint. Been 40 days, no response as of yet.

BofA, sent both CRAs and BofA letters, and BofA sent back my purchase history and all of that. Discover and Macys did the same.

CareCredit and PayPal (both GE accounts) have not responded to my letters sent to them. Filed CFPB, 40 days and no response.

Im just trying to figure out which direction to now take. The CFPB has helped especially with the Collection Agencies (Midland was the worst, owning 5 of my accounts alone) and all were deleted but like I said, I cannot get these Originals off. I have sent them nice letters asking for forgiveness and all of that. I even offered to pay Discover in full and they said too late.

If I keep disputing to the CRAs, it will just be tossed as frivolous so I must change up my strategy or just wait until 2016-17 for them to drop and I'd much rather take the former. Any sound advice? Grazie!

Well Im dealing with the same issue on my DW's CR... ton of charge offs, she paid them ALL back. But the OC's wont move.

As its been said.. keep trying, but eventually the CRA's wont investigate anything (if you can call it that)

Were those 623 letters you sent to the OCs or something else?

Im assuming they were "623" letters since I asked directly for an investigation. Unfortunately a couple did respond with packets of info so I'm stuck with that? I've sent good will pay for deletion but it hasn't worked. They don't care as they've written off the bad debt...

40 for the cfpb. My original letters went out 3 months ago. The Cfpb move kind of backfired since BofA and discover responded with my account history.... The good news is I just got word the 2 HSBC accounts will be deleted cuz they couldn't find my records

so let me get this straight.

you filed a CFPB complaint against OCs that were reporting legitimate COs within SOL?

you need to do more reading and less disputing

before you end up with real issues.

Yeah, I'm not really following either.

In any case, if the OC did not respond within 30 days then they were not in compliance and those TLs should be removed from the CRAs. You may need to threaten/sue the OCs to make it happen. Or maybe dispute it with the CRAs along with copies of your certified letters & proof of delivery. Although I don't know how you prove they didn't respond.

It'd be nice to get some other opinions.

Edit: I just realized you have proof that they sent you stuff past the 30 day deadline. That shows they weren't in compliance.

Edited by TX-Bluebonnet

• Admin

If it's valid debt they don't have to delete.

And if it's a legit tradeline reporting correctly, don't file complaints with the CFPB.

so let me get this straight.

you filed a CFPB complaint against OCs that were reporting legitimate COs within SOL?

you need to do more reading and less disputing

before you end up with real issues.

What does this mean? I've done plenty of reading. And I have been repairing my own credit for the past several years with decent results. Ive had every CA removed (a dozen) and even 2 judgements... Before finding this board, I had originally paid lex law firm to do this and after wasting hundreds of $, they got me no results whatsoever.

No where does it say the CFPB is a court of law and perjury can be enacted by saying "Hey, I've written these old OCs several times asking for true debt validation, they havent produced so they need to be dropped..."

Edited by cosimo

obviously they dont have to but Im sure 99% of us are here trying to get a second chance with our credit. When the banks f*cked around up to '08, they didnt get penalized, they got bailed out and are back to making record profit off consumers like you and me- No scarlet letters on their credit ratings. If they get to have a clean slate, then so do I.

Edited by cosimo

And if it's a legit tradeline reporting correctly, don't file complaints with the CFPB.

Sounds like the water may be a little warm. Duck and cover until you can claim SOL. :ph34r: But what do I know with 49 posts. I was going to buy some red flags but I'll just come here and pick them up for free.

Sounds like the water may be a little warm. Duck and cover until you can claim SOL. :ph34r: But what do I know with 49 posts. I was going to buy some red flags but I'll just come here and pick them up for free.

Thank you Devil for your insightful metaphors. :wacko:

Edited by cosimo

• Admin

why not? the CFPB just helped get 2 old HSBC accounts deleted. I had been disputing with the CRAs for years on these but they came back as "verified"... A simple CFPB complaint finally made them drop so I'm happy

Because that is the type of BS that ruins it for those that have legit claims. Of course they came back verified, they were accurate.

The CFPB is there to help when creditors or ca's or cra's aren't doing what they should be doing. They aren't there to help someone remove accurate info.

obviously they dont have to but Im sure 99% of us are here trying to get a second chance with our credit. When the banks f*cked around up to '08, they didnt get penalized, they got bailed out and are back to making record profit off consumers like you and me- No scarlet letters on their credit ratings. If they get to have a clean slate, then so do I.

Amen brother

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

If they get to have a clean slate, then so do I.

the world doesn't owe you anything.

ok, shifter... it doesnt owe Jamie Dimon or those other $$$$ anything either. Their market manipulation has caused people to literally lose their roofs over their heads while my asinine $700 Macys charge off from 5 years ago keeps me from being able to purchase a ****** roof. Yeah, I know the world isn't fair. I also study finance at Columbia and know firsthand how the game is rigged so please don't lecture about ethics.

If they get to have a clean slate, then so do I.

the world doesn't owe you anything.

ok, shiter... it doesnt owe Jamie Dimon or those other Flower Pots anything either. Their market manipulation has caused people to literally lose their roofs over their heads while my asinine $700 Macys charge off from 5 years ago keeps me from being able to purchase a *Admin removes vulgarity* roof. Yeah, I know the world isn't fair. I also study finance at Columbia and know firsthand how the game is rigged so please don't lecture about ethics.

You're crossing the line here cosimo.

how the game is rigged

of course the game is rigged.

but just like any game

if you want to win, you learn how to use the rules to your advantage.

you're not going to get anywhere

complaining about how it should be different.

Imagine the interest rates in world in which consumers could just wipe away defaults from within the past decade with ease. Yes the banking industry is a scam. But it's there because we elect the same clowns in over and over again.

But for individual responsibility I am legitimately afraid of what it would cost to borrow if there was no legitimate credit histories.

The last post in this topic was posted 3085 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.