Sign in to follow this  
tlamb1924

CA sent me a settlement offer- should i ask for PFD

Hi Guys,

I've been working on my credit and so far Transunion has been the best at deleting items the fastest.

I just received a letter from Calvary portfolio offeing a settlement because they legally can not sue me anymore. My account was orginally with BOA and the balance is about $850 DOFF: 11/2009

I know that this account is the reason i was denied credit with Barclays ( receive the denial yesterday) and would really like to have it removed.

Any thoughts? Need more info?

By the way Calvary was sold the account back in 2012.

If this is removed i will have 3 new medical bills left (which I am desperatley fighting with my insurance agency)

FICO TU 634

Wait... Calvary sold the account in 2012, and just now mailed you a letter offering a settlement on same account, including the verbage that "you cannot be sued for this debt" in the letter ?

It sounds like you are under zero obligation to pay them.

Liking the FOAD idea.

Wait... Calvary sold the account in 2012, and just now mailed you a letter offering a settlement on same account, including the verbage that "you cannot be sued for this debt" in the letter ?

It sounds like you are under zero obligation to pay them.

Liking the FOAD idea.

:good:

t received a letter from Calvary portfolio offeing a settlement because they legally can not sue me anymore.

FOAD 'em.

t received a letter from Calvary portfolio offeing a settlement because they legally can not sue me anymore.

FOAD 'em.

I have no idea what FOAD stands for. Lol

FOAD 'em.

FOAD 'em.

I have no idea what FOAD stands for. Lol

F off and die.....lol