Sign in to follow this  
PsychoScore

Amex Annual Fee Reminder!

Amex has a lovely practice of slapping your annual fee on closing day. Which means you're screwed, if you forgot to pad your payment.

The only reason I am mentioning this, is because as much as I think I am on top of everything, I have been caught off guard by this before ( most recently with BCP this month), which spurred me to mark my calender for the next ones coming (I have 3 amex), and pad my payment accordingly.

This happened last year to me as well. Duh!

Some of you, like I was, are rebuilding, and may have app'd for 1,2 or even 3 Amex at the same time.

Those last minute reporting fee's can hurt, if you didn' take them into account during your monthly Fico shuffle.

Peace-

I push the annual fee via Bill Pay

before statement close.

me too.... when I'm on the ball. I think spring fever was a factor in my "oopsie" this year.

This just happened to me on my Citi AAdvantage Platinum. I did a PIF before the statement closed... And the $95 popped up when the statement closed... I should monitor this more closely...

I opted to close the account and get the annual fee refunded lol.

If you do that and re-apply in January... :P

Amex has a lovely practice of slapping your annual fee on closing day. Which means you're screwed, if you forgot to pad your payment.

The only reason I am mentioning this, is because as much as I think I am on top of everything, I have been caught off guard by this before ( most recently with BCP this month), which spurred me to mark my calender for the next ones coming (I have 3 amex), and pad my payment accordingly.

Some of you, like I was, are rebuilding, and may have app'd for 1,2 or even 3 Amex at the same time.

Those last minute reporting fee's can hurt, if you didn' take them into account during your monthly Fico shuffle.

Peace-

3/5 of my Amex's did this to me last month. So your reminder wasn't in time for me. :(

Thanks for the reminder. DW needs to close her Gold card before the fee is charged this month :)

You can do it after for, I think, two months and they'll just refund the fee.

Peace-

3/5 of my Amex's did this to me last month. So your reminder wasn't in time for me. :(

ouch.. bet that made your flowers pucker! :angel:

Peace-

ouch.. bet that made your flowers pucker! :angel:

No biggie, nothing to app for awhile anyways... but nonetheless, I wish Amex didn't wait for the last second to add AF. And it doesn't help that one of my reoccurring util bills posts right AT reporting time on my USB Cash+ every month! <_< I need to call to see if my billing date can be changed!

I opted to close the account and get the annual fee refunded lol.

If you do that and re-apply in January... :P

FYI Amex is ending Credit Card churning. That is if you expect to receive a signing bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to downgrade the the Green (from the PRG) and AMEX also gave me a $100 statement credit. I did pay the fee last month, but they're refunding as soon as I get my new card. But yes, my bill cut higher than I liked month.

Edited by ceemee