Navy Federal Credit union is showing love

The last post in this topic was posted 1781 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks for the tip now if FMC92 was in the military he would set since your saying they approve you with a 589 fico score..

No but I have 9 years in army active and 3 years in the Air Force reserves.. I'm going back in within a month or two.

They don't always require income verification. Often they will when exceeding $25k.

A family friend? I'd like to get in, if it were that easy. Where is the love? :)

I think the referrals they are talking about here are not about gaining eligibility, but about the member referral bonus for new members. If one member refers an otherwise eligible individual for membership, there is a $100 referral bonus they each split.

I'm trying to not doubt this, but Navy Fed is known for very strict credit standards. What is the basis of knowing they are doing this?

Very strict? Hahahahaha!

+1 they gave me 10k when I had 3 baddies and a 640 still.

But on the funnier side when I was clean and at 750 they only approved me for 7500 on their siggy card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to not doubt this, but Navy Fed is known for very strict credit standards. What is the basis of knowing they are doing this?

Very strict? Hahahahaha!

+1 they gave me 10k when I had 3 baddies and a 640 still.

But on the funnier side when I was clean and at 750 they only approved me for 7500 on their siggy card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They are great for getting your foot in the door and started with good limits.

Also good for CLIs. I bet you can get both cards to $25k in no time.

Last week I was looking for an "in". Little did I know, one was right in front on me. My fiance has a brother who is a long time member, who she joined through. Which made her my new best friend. She signed up Saturday, and had her $50 in her account today. I'm next.

Edit. Although I don't think I'll be eligible for a referral bonus, isn't it only for family?

Edited by JayB27

The last post in this topic was posted 1781 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By princedazzler
      Ive had the Citibank Double cash card for over 2 years now with a measly $2060 credit limit and with high 700 credit scores,  6 figure yearly income and only 2% Utilization on 18 credit cards, Mortgage and no late payments
      These suckas keep declining me for a simple credit limit increase..   Sock drawer it goes.. F Them!!!   Im not saying im entitled  But dang  I KNOW im atleast a good candidate for  Hell a $1000 increase atleast..sheesh  smh

Anybody else want to weigh in on this?
    • By djplourd
      Ok, I just got an unsolicited $5,000 CLI on my CITI Simplicity MC, bumping me up to $23,000.  I have been using this card recently because they gave me a 0% on all purchases and BTs deal until April 2021.  This has come in handy, as we're selling our house and had to make some repairs along with paying moving and storage costs.  The CLI is just gravy on top.
    • By Macrophage
      Hi there,

For a few years now I have been in credit card debt with Gap. I had gone through a period paying some of it off to the creditor, Synchrony Bank, then for other reasons became broke and started to neglect my finances.  After several months of radio silence with the store and the creditor, I received this email by a third party, TrueAccord, claiming the creditor, LVNV Funding LLC, now has my account and may take legal action. These agencies look legitimate through my own background check but I'm still suspicious they didn't contact me by mail and I also want to be sure they have the correct information on my case. 

Fortunately, I am now in a position where I can make payments again and would like for this to be a one-time settlement to whom ever holds my account. 

Can anyone vouch for Trueaccord and LVNV Funding LLC and for those that have been in a similar situation how should I proceed? 

Any advice will be helpful.

• By hegemony
      Credit Cards Start Cutting Limits for People Facing Tough Times

• By busted2
      Barclays MC was tossing me beautiful BT offers. Example: 12 months, O% int, 2% fee., etc. I could direct deposit to my bank account. Everything huggy face kissy poo. Second highest limit (even now.) One BT for $5000 PIF. Six months later BT $8000 PIF.
      Did downgrade from $89 card to free one a year ago. 

For the last six months current offer: 23% int, 3% fee, no direct deposit, creditor payment only. My data points steady Freddy. Mid-High 700’s. Well under 8.9% overall, all usual advice followed, not credit seeking, only one reporting balance, etc. etc.

I realize their is no direct answers, endless data points, yet any random thoughts? Curious.

Thank you.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    farmers

Important Information

Guidelines