How to choose a realtor

The last post in this topic was posted 2569 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi everyone! So my husband and I were pre approved and it is time to find a realtor to help us find our first home:) I emailed three different realtors yesterday and recieved a response last night from one of them and spoke to her on the phone, she seemed very nice and I liked that she got right back to me. Now this morning I received response from two more realtors that I have yet to actually speak to on the phone but, they too sounded knowlegable in their email responses to me.

My question is..... How do I choose?!

Hi everyone! So my husband and I were pre approved and it is time to find a realtor to help us find our first home:) I emailed three different realtors yesterday and recieved a response last night from one of them and spoke to her on the phone, she seemed very nice and I liked that she got right back to me. Now this morning I received response from two more realtors that I have yet to actually speak to on the phone but, they too sounded knowlegable in their email responses to me.

My question is..... How do I choose?!

When you emailed three different Realtors were they off a listing of a home you were hoping to view? In other words, are they also representing the homeowner in a home you are interested in? Although it's possible for a Realtor to be impartial and represent both sides in a transaction, you have to ask yourself if you are comfortable in that situation. My advice is to go with your gut. While that advice might sound strange I will let you know I have been a Realtor for 17 years. You have to be comfortable and confident that you have someone working for YOU. Do not be afraid to go with someone newer in the industry because chances are they have a lot of time to spend on you. Don't neccessarily go with someone because they are a top producer either, although knowledgeable, the amount of time they have might be spread too thin for your liking. We all have the same access to same information and help from upper powers when we need it. What's left is going with someone you are comfortable with. Just tell them what you expect and make sure that they can exceed your expectations. As a buyer, it doesn't cost you anything so long as you don't sign anythng. You can then change Realtors if the relationship doesn't work out.

If you did contact these Realtor's from advertisements of houses you wanted to view, go view them with each. Chances are you won't buy the house and will want to see other houses. You would have already met these Realtor's and will know which one you are comfortable in continuing to working with.

Good luck to you and Happy house hunting!

@ Misty120, Thanks for all of the advice! The three realtors that I emailed, I found on the Wisconsin Realtors Association registry and I just randomly chose three names. We did choose a realtor today and we did exactly what you said, we went with our gut and I honestly feel like she is the best fit for us. Thanks for the advice:)

@ Misty120, Thanks for all of the advice! The three realtors that I emailed, I found on the Wisconsin Realtors Association registry and I just randomly chose three names. We did choose a realtor today and we did exactly what you said, we went with our gut and I honestly feel like she is the best fit for us. Thanks for the advice:)

You're very welcome! So happy it worked out for you :)

The last post in this topic was posted 2569 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.