Sign in to follow this  
clumsycajun

What is the highest increase you have seen?

Got approved for an Amazon card with a CL of $600. I was hoping for much higher. At least $2000. Anyone have luck getting that high of an increase by calling the recon number?

Hi everyone, by the way! I have some good updates for another post!

Yes, you can get that much of an increase, even more. The common rule here when calling the backdoor number for GECRB is to ask for 25K and they will counteroffer. I was approved for 900 for a walmart discover back in november, called right after I applied and I got an increase to 10K, that's what I asked for. Fico around 780 at the moment, highest limit reporting 15K, no debt.

Called the number, was told I did have the underwriting team and got denied. Do I call back? Seems like I would have been transferred to someone.

Called the number, was told I did have the underwriting team and got denied. Do I call back? Seems like I would have been transferred to someone.

You can try another underwriter, ideally you want a foreign one

I got the Walmart Disco.

approved for $2600 CL.

called recon 2 minutes later

raised to 25k.

if you're looking for the CLI to get a camera

you're in trouble.

you know the standard APR on that card is like 24%?!

Yeah. I have the cash to pay it off immediately. Just wanted an Amazon card since I shop there very often and it would be a good one to keep a low balance on.

Yeah. I have the cash to pay it off immediately. Just wanted an Amazon card since I shop there very often and it would be a good one to keep a low balance on.

Walmart Discover on approval: $1,600. Called the backdoor number and bumped it to $15,000.

I recently increased my PayPal Extras MC from $7,000 to $35,000 with one call to the backdoor number.

There is no such thing as a good card to carry a balance, even a small one.

I thought the rule was to stay at like 2% utilization.

That doesn't mean you should carry the balance. Let one card report at 1%, but then for God's sake pay it in full! Don't pay any interest.

No that is what I meant. I always pay in full. I wouldn't even have any cards at all if the credit "game" wasn't so effed up. Gotta be a potential risk to have a higher score. America!!!

Just wanted an Amazon card since I shop there very often

The Sallie Mae MC is a much better card for Amazon purchases than the Amazon card.

But it has a cap unfortunately. I prefer my Citi Forward which is unlimited, but no longer available..

Just out of hatred for Sallie Mae, I won't get their card. Long story but basically I was supposed to be receiving my statements by email, which apparently I wasn't. I had a forbearance and it ended at the same time that I had a baby. I didn't know because I wasn't receiving statements. A month or so after I started thinking that I hadn't heard from them so I called and found out that four of my accounts had been marked negative, so I have 4 negatives on my report. I have written, called, begged, offered them my first born....nada. And they are set to go positive in 2019. Nice.

I would love to have my Care Credit increased but I would use every penny of it. LOL. I don't know how I haven't already except that the procedure I want is more than my card's limit.

Just out of hatred for Sallie Mae, I won't get their card. Long story but basically I was supposed to be receiving my statements by email, which apparently I wasn't. I had a forbearance and it ended at the same time that I had a baby. I didn't know because I wasn't receiving statements. A month or so after I started thinking that I hadn't heard from them so I called and found out that four of my accounts had been marked negative, so I have 4 negatives on my report. I have written, called, begged, offered them my first born....nada. And they are set to go positive in 2019. Nice.

The card is from Barclay's not thru SM. Although you can apply rewards credits towards your SM loan... that's about the only connection.

But it has a cap unfortunately. I prefer my Citi Forward which is unlimited, but no longer available..

I tend to not recommend cards that are no longer available. :P

I tend to not recommend cards that are no longer available. :P

Me neither, but I'll sure mention this one every chance I get. It's one of my favorite cards! :dance: