Sign in to follow this  
rains81

My Credit Repair Diary

HI, I actually used this forum back in 2004 to repair my credit the first time. WhyChat and a few others gave me some info.

I was able to repair it enough to purchase my first home.

Now, 10 years later and a nasty divorce back in 2008 Im ready to do it again.

I have the following:

Scores

Exp 526

Efx 445

Trans 526

Collection Agency Credit Report

AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_ AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_EFX_TRU AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX BUSINESS REVENUE SYSTEMS EXP_EFX CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX CREDIT MANAGEMENT EXP_EFX_TRU DFAS-CL (Govt Overpayment) EXP_EFX_TRU DEFENSE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING(Govt Overpayment) TU_EFX DPT TREASURY (Govt Overpayment) EXP_ GECRB/LOWES EXP_EFX_TRU HOME FURN SOLUTIONS EXP_ MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX_TRU MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX MG CREDIT EXP_EFX MIDLAND FUND EXP_EFX_TRU WELLS RECOVER (Auto Repo 2009) EXP_EFX_TRU WFF CARDS (2008) EXP_EFX_TRU WFHM Foreclosure (2009) EXP_EFX_TRU

SO I am starting all over again. I am getting my first rounds of Dispute/Validation letters ready to go

I am looking for any and all assistance.. please feel free to share anything..

Whoa, I was tired when I posted that lastnight.

Here's the list cleaned up

AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_ (medical collection)

AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection)

AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection)

BUSINESS REVENUE SYSTEMS EXP_EFX (medical collection)

CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection)

CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection)

CREDIT MANAGEMENT EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

DFAS-CL (Govt Overpayment) EXP_EFX_TRU

DEFENSE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING(Govt Overpayment) TU_EFX

DPT TREASURY (Govt Overpayment) EXP_

GECRB/LOWES EXP_EFX_TRU

HOME FURN SOLUTIONS EXP_ (Some furniture rental place)

MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX (medical collection)

MG CREDIT EXP_EFX (medical collection)

MIDLAND FUND EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

WELLS RECOVER (Auto Repo 2009) EXP_EFX_TRU

WFF CARDS (2008) EXP_EFX_TRU (My exwife opened a credit card in my name and charged up $4700)

WFHM Foreclosure (2009) EXP_EFX_TRU

So this morning I am working on disputing and remove all my old addresses from the big three

wish me luck

Update:

Opted out

CUrrent Equifax score is 441

Called Equifax... 800-203-7843.. spoke to a guy named JR... Very nice guy... Informed him that I wanted to remove my old address because I was concerned about Identity Theft.

He went over some Identity questions and verified that it was me.. than asked which ones.. Stated he would delete all but current.

He gave me a confirmation #.. said it would take 24 to 72 hrs to reflect on credit report

Current Experian score is 539

Called Experian at 800-493-1058.. spoke to a Gary.. told him I wanted to delete old addresses.. he stated that he was going to put a "Fraud Alert" on my credit report. So no one could apply for credit without calling first. Not sure what this means.. is it good or bad??

Stated that he would have to transfer me to the Fraud department to get addresses removed.

I was transfered to some woman.. can't remember her name. She deleted several addresses. Stated that she could not delete any that were attached to current collection files or positive files. So she deleted what she could. Also removed other names and 2nd social security #. Gave me a new Report File #.

WIll be calling Transunion tomorrow..

After thats done Im not sure what my next step will be... I have not disputed anything online or in writing.. Im just starting. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!!

Im trying to buy a house.. so my mortgage guy said I need to gain 100 points... atleast have one of the scores be a 600

Another question... what's the best way to get Late payments removed from a current auto loan? I have caught up the payment.. but theres lates. A few 30's.. a 60 and a 90..

Another question... what's the best way to get Late payments removed from a current auto loan? I have caught up the payment.. but theres lates. A few 30's.. a 60 and a 90..

How many payments have you made on-time since your last late payment? A goodwill letter won't hurt. You will have a better chance for success if you have had a good stretch of on-time payments.

Also, what are the dates on the collections that you didn't put dates by? Are they all from around 2008/2009? What state are you in?

How many payments have you made on-time since your last late payment? A goodwill letter won't hurt. You will have a better chance for success if you have had a good stretch of on-time payments.

Also, what are the dates on the collections that you didn't put dates by? Are they all from around 2008/2009? What state are you in?

Thank you for the response

I will send in the goodwill letter. Thank you

As for the dates of the collections.. they range from 2008 to 2012.. thank you for the link the medical

Update:

Good morning

Sending all three CRA's my Credit dispute form from whychat's page.. the blue with blue ink.

Disputing all medicals... How should I send the letters to the CRA? Certified mail?? no RR?

All the DV letters I am sending CMRR

Also, most of these Medical accounts... are the same account.. just one number different and a different balance.

Accts:

AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_ (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

BUSINESS REVENUE SYSTEMS EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

CREDIT MANAGEMENT EXP_EFX_TRU (Comcast bill)

DFAS-CL (Govt Overpayment) EXP_EFX_TRU (My taxes for the year are being taken to pay for this)

DPT TREASURY (Govt Overpayment) EXP_ (My taxes for the year are being taken to pay for this)

GECRB/LOWES EXP_EFX_TRU (2008 Lowes Credit Card)

HOME FURN SOLUTIONS EXP_ (Some furniture rental place) Sent a DV letter..

HOME FURN SOLUTIONS EXP_ (Some furniture rental place) Sent a DV letter

JUSTRIGHT (Auto Repo) 2009_ Sending Auto Repo letter from Whychat's page requesting Info on Sale and Notices

MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

MG CREDIT EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs

MIDLAND FUND EXP_EFX_TRU (t mobile acct I never had) Sending DV letter

WELLS RECOVER (Auto Repo 2009) EXP_EFX_TRU (Im not sure what to do, it has a Zero balance)

WFF CARDS (2008) EXP_EFX_TRU (My exwife opened a credit card in my name and charged up $4700)

WFHM Foreclosure (2009) EXP_EFX_TRU (Im not sure what to do, it has a Zero balance)

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated...

Now, SmartCredit.com site is no longer showing certain CA's..

does this mean they were removed?? Tomorrow is the update date...

\fingers crossed

My scores are Fico

I signed up for SmartCredit.com... But Im not seeing certain CA's.

Is there a better service???

If they're no longer reporting when you pull a fresh copy of your TU through SC, then sounds like they were removed. Try CK as well, both are TU, both scores don't count, but are great for monitoring purposes.

Update:

Accts: DV Letters delivered, some returned.

AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_ (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs (DELIVERED)

AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection) dispute letter to DELIVERED)

AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to DELIVERED)

AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to DELIVERED)

BUSINESS REVENUE SYSTEMS EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to DELIVERED)

CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter DELIVERED)

CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs DELIVERED)

CREDIT MANAGEMENT EXP_EFX_TRU (Comcast bill) DV Letter delivered

DFAS-CL (Govt Overpayment) EXP_EFX_TRU $1575 Taxes taken and the balance was paid

DPT TREASURY (DOD Medical Billing) EXP_ $532.....Got a letter stating they were initiating Wage Garnishment - I am a contractor on W2, Can they do this?

GECRB/LOWES EXP_EFX_TRU (2008 Lowes Credit Card) DV Letter Delivered

HOME FURN SOLUTIONS EXP_ (Some furniture rental place) Sent a DV letter.. (Delivered & Signed for)

HOME FURN SOLUTIONS EXP_ (Some furniture rental place) Sent a DV letter ( Letter is being Returned to Sender, NO FORWARDING ADDRESS)

JUSTRIGHT (Auto Repo) 2009_ Sending Auto Repo letter from Whychat's page requesting Info on Sale and Notices ( Letter is being Returned to Sender, NO FORWARDING ADDRESS)

MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs (DELIVERED

MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs DELIVERED

MG CREDIT EXP_EFX (medical collection) dispute letter to CRAs (DELIVERED

MIDLAND FUND EXP_EFX_TRU (t mobile acct I never had) DV letter DELIVERED

WELLS RECOVER (Auto Repo 2009) EXP_EFX_TRU (Im not sure what to do, it has a Zero balance)

WFHM Foreclosure (2009) EXP_EFX_TRU (Im not sure what to do, it has a Zero balance)

For the two that say "Letter is being Returned to Sender, NO FORWARDING ADDRESS", make sure the address on the envelope is the same as the address on your reports.

DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPES!

Make a copy of the front and back of the envelope and send it to the CRA's as this is willful neglect.

I do find it odd that one of the HOME FURN SOLUTIONS accounts was signed for and the other returned. Are they reporting the same address for both accounts?

As far as the Wells Fargo accounts. You can still dispute them even if they are showing a zero balance. They are still hurting your score.

Did you use Why Chat's letter for the medical accounts?

Yes, I used WHychat's letter for the medicals

I sent each letter to the addresses listed on my credit reports.

Home Furn Solutions was on my report twice.. same account # just the last # in the acct was one number higher.

So they are reporting the same exact address for both accounts? They accepted one letter but not the other?

Either way, send a copy of the returned envelope to the CRA's

Edited by EternalDebtSlayer

Update:

Still waiting... Sent out WhyChat's letters to CRA's.. Got the Green Signature recipts back in the mail

One of the CA's ( MG Credit) sent a letter in the mail to me.. got it yesterday...Ill post it later. But it says..

"In response to your letter to the Credit Reporting Agency... we are sending you this letter.."

and the letter says to call them for Validation... It's only like 3 or 4 sentences.. Doesn't have any info except acct #

lol

I believe WhyChat would say : dont ever call a CA for a medical Collection. His letter and process are designed to utilize the law in your favor with these CA jokers.

Update... SmartCredit.com says my new score is 561... it started at 508

Creditkarma says 562

Status..................Acct................................CRA..............ACCT TYPE

Still disputing AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_ (medical collection)

Still disputing AMER RCVRY SYSTEMS EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

Still disputing AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection)

Still disputing AR RESOURCES INC EXP_EFX (medical collection)

Still disputing BUSINESS REVENUE SYSTEMS EXP_EFX (medical collection)

Still disputing CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection)

Still disputing CREDIT COLLECTIONS USA EXP_EFX (medical collection)

Still disputing CREDIT MANAGEMENT EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

(PAID & REMOVED) DFAS-CL (Govt Overpayment) EXP_EFX_TRU (PAID & REMOVED)

(PAID & REMOVED) DEFENSE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING(Govt Overpayment) TU_EFX (PAID & REMOVED)

Still disputing GECRB/LOWES EXP_EFX_TRU (Have not received anything in mail) (Lender said this one is hurting my credit bad)

(EXPERIAN REMOVED IT) HOME FURN SOLUTIONS EXP_ (Some furniture rental place) Received letter in mail from Experian, showing deleted

Still disputing MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

Still disputing MERCHANTS ASSOC COLLECTION EXP_EFX (medical collection)

Still disputing MG CREDIT EXP_EFX (medical collection) (They mailed me a copy of the bill...lol)

Still disputing MIDLAND FUND EXP_EFX_TRU (medical collection)

WELLS RECOVER (Auto Repo 2009) EXP_EFX_TRU

WFHM Foreclosure (2009) EXP_EFX_TRU

Credit score went from 508 to 561

I am trying to buy a house

Status

Company responded

TransUnion said:

Explanation of closure

Under the guidelines of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we will not reinvestigate the item unless you can provide new information such as court papers or a recent, authentic letter from the creditor that explains what information should be updated. You may add a Consumer Statement of 100 words or less to your credit report or contact the creditor directly. If you provide a Consumer Statement that contains medical information, then you are giving consent to TransUnion to include this information in every credit report we issue about you. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.Dispute

Response

We have reviewed your complaint along with the information you previously provided regarding this issue. In 12/2013 and 4/2014, American Recovery Systems #63XX-XX and Merchants Associations Collection Div #1283-XXXX were notified of your disputes. In response to the investigations, the disputed information was verified or updated accordingly and the results were forwarded to you for review. In addition, our records show that AR Resources Inc, Business Revenue Systems and Credit Collection/USA do not currently appear on your TransUnion credit report.

I filed one against Experian as well

The company has provided a partial response to your complaint number 140409-000489 describing the steps taken so far to address your issue. They stated they are still working on your issue, and you should hear from them again within 60 days.

View the details of your complaint and the company's response so far at:

https://help.consumerfinance.gov/app/account/complaints/list

We will let you know as soon as we receive an update about your complaint.