Sign in to follow this  
SeekingWealth

It appears Chase Blacklists

I had two charge off's in 2012 and tried to apply for Chase Freedom card and it sounds like I would of been approved if it was not for those accounts. I wonder how long their blacklist last?

I figured these were very old as I remember my lates going back to 2008. 4 years to charge off account? I don't think so and does not match my credit report.

Chase charge off's not on credit report. They looked it up in their internal computer records.

I talked to a person over the phone and no mention of BK. It was deleted off my TU report.

Edited by SeekingWealth

Most all issuers have a BL.

Check the master BL thread for length.

Thanks for the pointer and according to that thread 5.5-9.5 yrs

I have the accounts showing charged off around June 2008 right in the middle of the recession.

I believe they sold the accounts to Midland in 2012. I need to call them back and get this fixed. Because I am at the 6 year mark.

I was able to get into Chase 7 yr after BKing them. At the 8 year mark, I asked for a CLI on one of the cards and got lectured by the analyst. Ended up mkaing a complaint to the EO on the rep. But, the EO was able to get me the CLI I was looking for. Could always try that route as well.

I was able to get into Chase 7 yr after BKing them. At the 8 year mark, I asked for a CLI on one of the cards and got lectured by the analyst. Ended up mkaing a complaint to the EO on the rep. But, the EO was able to get me the CLI I was looking for. Could always try that route as well.

I got back in with Chase after 9.5 yrs on the blacklist. However, they declined my recent CLI request (at the 10 yr mark), citing the negative history.

They have a long memory.

I burned Chase for $50K back in 2002 but it seems like their computer forgot about me finally. :grin: I applied for

the Chase Sapphire Preferred and just found out from their status line that a card is on the way for $20K!

I think the only bank left that has me blackballed now is US Bank. I can't wait to see when US Bank buys

or merges with one of my card banks if they 'absorb' me like Barclay did or kick me to the curb.

Crap, I'm in a hell of a lot of trouble then...LOL.

Looks like I will be sticking with CU's and Cap One for quite a while.

Hmm. I had two Chase cards. One was a small limit. 600 or so, Circuit City card that went to charge off, the other was I believe a 2500 card that also went to charge off. Both of these went bad about 2007. After I get my reports clean, I may give them another try and then I'll add my experience to the blacklist red lol.

last time I called them I got a lecture about overdrawn checking a/c from 2009. Had had big a/c there since 1984.. deposited one bad check unknowingly.

FWIW: I had a Chase-backed gas card (BP) that CO in 2007 for a few hundred bucks (< $500). The CA TL has aged off but the OC TL remains on EX & TU. I saw that I had a pre-qual on their website and decided to go for it, thinking they'd pull EQ. They pulled TU & EX instead where the account still remains. I was instantly approved. As always, YMMV but the BL status may depend on the product you burned as well.

FWIW: I had a Chase-backed gas card (BP) that CO in 2007 for a few hundred bucks (< $500). The CA TL has aged off but the OC TL remains on EX & TU. I saw that I had a pre-qual on their website and decided to go for it, thinking they'd pull EQ. They pulled TU & EX instead where the account still remains. I was instantly approved. As always, YMMV but the BL status may depend on the product you burned as well.

For a 2007 CO, the OC TL should have dropped off as well.

They definately have me on their BL. Apped for the Freedom earlier this summer, got a hp and was denied. Called their analyst to recon and she mentioned my Chase and Providian accounts that CO'd in 2007 and were removed from my reports a few years early. She said she would put in for a $800 approval but it had to get approval from someone else. Got another hp and was denied again.

Both are scheduled to drop off in Oct/Nov this year. I've tried calling for early exclusion but TU/EX won't budge. Shockingly, EQ excluded everything 6 months earlier than I expected.

Instead of calling, try disputing online with TU as obsolete.

Both are scheduled to drop off in Oct/Nov this year. I've tried calling for early exclusion but TU/EX won't budge. Shockingly, EQ excluded everything 6 months earlier than I expected.

I closed a Providian card (I thought) before the AF was due. When I apped a Freedom recently, a $50 CO was mentioned, although they didnt make a huge deal of it. Chase has all of the WaMu and Providian records, so they damn well arent going to miss anything you did to Chase!!!

I closed a Providian card (I thought) before the AF was due. When I apped a Freedom recently, a $50 CO was mentioned, although they didnt make a huge deal of it. Chase has all of the WaMu and Providian records, so they damn well arent going to miss anything you did to Chase!!!

That's funny because WAMU thinks I burned them on a HELOC years back which is really quite impossible since it was secured by my house. At the time I did not

fight it much because it got lumped in with all of my other charge-off accounts.

Ruh roh. I have a Providian CO from 2003 for about $500.

I think its a YMMV and it depends if Chase sold the debt to JDB or if they kept it in house. If its the latter they may try to get you to pay it off before they consider you for another product.

chase wrote me a lot of internal credit letters but sold off a few accounts. None of the JDB could validate but i still have one OC from early 2009, -0- balance, on my Ex CRA...$790...I would pay this if I could if I could get BA and CapOne (paid through Port Rec) off first...

I'm blacklisted from Chase, and I didn't even default with them. I asked for and was accepted to their hardship program to close my account and pay monthly with a reduced interest rate.

I guess they still consider that bad!