Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

GE Capital "news"

The last post in this topic was posted 2507 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I apologize if already posted or if it belongs elsewhere. Just noticed these 2 random articles regarding some changes to GE Capital. Caught my eye because I think 3 or 4 of my accounts are with them.

I say "news" because while it's entirely news to me it may be something that's "old news" that's already been discussed and whatnot and my head must have been in the sand lol :/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2014/03/13/why-ge-is-getting-rid-of-its-profitable-credit-card-biz/

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/126530/ge-files-ipo-for-finance-arm-spin-off

Edited by doodlebear88

I hope whoever buys them out still gives good CLIs.

.... with a soft pull.

Good point.... Is GECRB every 4 months for a CLI? I just received my first on my Amazon, and I want to request as many as possible before it's sold!

.... with a soft pull.

Good point.... Is GECRB every 4 months for a CLI? I just received my first on my Amazon, and I want to request as many as possible before it's sold!

Yes it *can* be, but it's not a given and I have been turned down on some of my cards consistently.. Amazon was one of the tougher ones (not sure why)...stuck at $2500 for awhile, whenever I ask - I either get a NOT TODAY or they throw $100 at me! ..Lowes jumped up to $10k within a very short time, but I also put big ticket items on Lowes at the 0% and paid them off faithfully before I got charged any interest. I really don't use my Amazon card all that much because there is no benefit to it.. I am usually buying $20-$30 items and I have other CC's that give me 1 or 1.5% back ....or I'm buying from Amazon using my points/cashback bonuses from Citi or Discover (free stuff).

.... with a soft pull.

Yes it *can* be, but it's not a given and I have been turned down on some of my cards consistently.. Amazon was one of the tougher ones (not sure why)...stuck at $2500 for awhile, whenever I ask - I either get a NOT TODAY or they throw $100 at me! ..Lowes jumped up to $10k within a very short time, but I also put big ticket items on Lowes at the 0% and paid them off faithfully before I got charged any interest. I really don't use my Amazon card all that much because there is no benefit to it.. I am usually buying $20-$30 items and I have other CC's that give me 1 or 1.5% back ....or I'm buying from Amazon using my points/cashback bonuses from Citi or Discover (free stuff).

The only real benefit are financing offers. But I try to use it once a month for something small, then use my rewards card for everything else. Amazon recently went from $1800 to $5000 for me. So I'm hoping with consistent use, they will keep bumping me up!

The last post in this topic was posted 2507 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By FlyingBroke! - Rod
      Hi CB,

First, let me apologize if this has already been through the shredder here on CB! I've been taking a break from reading the boards.

But, recently I have been noticing a trend with the recent changes that are going on over at GECRB or shall I say - Synchrony Bank!

Since they changed their name, (THREE) of my accounts have either been upgraded to a credit card or product changed without my consent or knowledge.

1st. GAP Store Card = was converted to GAP Visa - got it in the mail a month ago. Only explanation was that my account is being upgraded to better serve me.

2nd. JC Penny's Store Card = Had this one for years with no problem zero balance. = Then out of the blue got a new JCP Mastercard in the mail this past Friday. Again, no explanation.

3rd. Sam's Club Discover Card = Was product changed to a Sam's Mastercard. Now, granted this one I knew was coming and was no surprise, but it does seem odd these are own backed by Synchrony Bank.

Now, to top things off, all of my reports are now showing (3) brand new open accounts being reported. My FICO has now Tanked by -40 points!! What can I do??
      Anyone else having similar issue? Thanks!
    • By mindcrime
      I applied for financing through a dealer. The rate offered through their main bank was worse than my current loan. I declined the offer and arranged financing through my CU at a much lower interest rate.

A few weeks later I received a letter in the mail from the bank through the dealer telling me "we are unable to approve your request", and goes on to list the reasons why.

So, my question is, are banks required to send this notice by law regardless of why the loan was not carried forward? Just seemed to me that the letter is indicating that I wasn't credit worthy, when I really am, and truth is it was me who declined them, not this way around.
    • By harryfpotter
      I applied for an Amazon Store Card because I didn't know any better and got a hard pull on EX from GE. They rejected me because they could not verify my identity. This was about a month ago.

I'm vaguely aware that you can get your credit score from someone who pulls it and rejects you. This would be a real FICO, so I thought I'd try and ask GE for my score. Am I on the right track?
    • By FICOhatesme
      Can long term auto financing lower someone's fico score?
      Does it look bad to other lenders even if you pay it off early?

I want the longest loan term I can get, but I want to pay it off early.
    • By angeliceyes22
      Hello everyone

I am in need of a car, I have come across a late model truck that I like 2003 ford expedition with about 160,000 miles. for 3,000. I have a account with navy federal my Equifax score is 616 fico and my Transunion and score is 685. I have 4 neg on my Equifax report not paid and one paid all under 800.00. I rather have a pull from Transunion but navy always pulls from Equifax. What are my chances of getting this loan. I will be paying it off in 4 months because I am trying to buy a home. I am looking for a loan for 2000.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    gagnier98limited
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines