Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Now The CostCo Amex has EMV Chip!!! Get Yours!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2113 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I heard someone from other forum geting a new Costco EMV Amex card. I just called them to request one myself. He told me they just came out recently. I will be getting on the mail next week.

Ron.

Thanks! Chip and Sig not interested. Seems like the only chip and pin are Commerce Bank in the Midwest, United Nations, and USAA?

I plan to apply for the USAA (finally got in on a friend/veteran's account) card when some of my accounts age a bit. I plan to study abroad and need a chip/pin.

dbw

Edited by dbwCredit

Thanks for sharing this information, Ron!

According to the Amex rep and what I've read online it's Chip and Signature.

Thanks! Chip and Sig not interested. Seems like the only chip and pin are Commerce Bank in the Midwest, United Nations, and USAA?

I plan to apply for the USAA (finally got in on a friend/veteran's account) card when some of my accounts age a bit. I plan to study abroad and need a chip/pin.

dbw

I would try to get a card with no foreign fees. USAA has a 1 % fee.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/credit_cards_rates_and_fees_regular

These have no fee:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-credit-cards/no-foreign-transaction-fee-credit-card/

dbw

I would try to get a card with no foreign fees. USAA has a 1 % fee.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/credit_cards_rates_and_fees_regular

These have no fee:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-credit-cards/no-foreign-transaction-fee-credit-card/

Are any of those chip and pin?

I haven't found a true C&P with no FTF.

My best find is PenFed for most purchases where the faux C&P works fine and a backup 1% FTF card for kiosks.

Is there a point to this chip since costco is divorcing Amex?

i got my costco Amex Chip and Signature card. To your point, the life of this card is only for 12 months more. I travel overseas a lot and the magnetic swipe just does not work in many places. It is 20 years since chip cards were introduced worldwide. US retailers did not want cancelled transactions if people forget their pin, so they went for Chip and Signature. I just applied for a UNFCU card, which is a pure chip and pin card. It is a long process, but hopefully I should see the card in my hand in another 3/4 weeks provided no additional documents are asked for.

I am not eligible for NFCU, and I think Diners Club is no more issuing chip and pin cards in the US.?

Diners Club Elite has no FTF and is true chip and pin. Used it in Puerto Rico in December. NFCU Flagship is also C&P

Diners Club Elite has no FTF and is true chip and pin. Used it in Puerto Rico in December. NFCU Flagship is also C&P

Diners was awesome this week in France/England. PIN worked every time, no issues, even at stand alone ticket machines, toll booths, etc. Was definitely grateful to have it.

Diners was awesome this week in France/England. PIN worked every time, no issues, even at stand alone ticket machines, toll booths, etc. Was definitely grateful to have it.

I wonder if they are ever going to start taking apps again.

THANK YOU FOR NOT USING THE WORD "K**S*S."

Edited by cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 2113 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.