Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NFCU 0% BT offer!

The last post in this topic was posted 2504 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I got the same one. Apparently it's only for new accounts. I called and got a dorky sounding rep on the phone who fumbled through the call. She did put me on hold and came back to tell me it was for new accounts only. I ended the call frustrated.

Anyone else know if she was wrong? She sounded like a nimrod.

does anyone have any estimates of how long it took NFCU to BT a balance from Penfed back to NFCU? (the time length for the NFCU BT to make payment on their Penfed account)

thanks

does anyone have any estimates of how long it took NFCU to BT a balance from Penfed back to NFCU? (the time length for the NFCU BT to make payment on their Penfed account)

thanks

it usually takes me about two weeks start to finish when i move my balance from navy to PSECU and back to restart the 0% clock...

I never get these offers! :angry:

well most 0% BT offers from NFCU can be used by any member

How would one access the offer?

I got the same one. Apparently it's only for new accounts. I called and got a dorky sounding rep on the phone who fumbled through the call. She did put me on hold and came back to tell me it was for new accounts only. I ended the call frustrated.

Anyone else know if she was wrong? She sounded like a nimrod.

geez

You know there is a time in everyone's life when they don't know everything. It's everyday of there life.

I don't that offer either. Navy wouldn't dare offer me that same offer. I'm still on that last 2.5% for 12 months offer they came out with a few months ago. (I think that's what it was.)

I got in on the 2.99% offer. My first statement charged me interest and then they refunded me the same amount of interest. Kind of strange. We'll see what statement #2 shows. I didn't see anything in my account or email about a zero percent offer now though.

The last post in this topic was posted 2504 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mendelssohn
      Like the title says.

It expires Feb 28.

Check your email. I can't find a link on the website and all that was provided was a form to submit electronically.
    • By MistralsDaughter
      I am the newest girl in navy blue!

Totally giddy. I read so many great things about NFCU here.

Just got off the phone with the recruiter's office which is open 24/7.

My mom is a DoD civilian at Vandenburg.

How long to wait until I should apply for a CC or CLOC? And which one(s)?

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance!
    • By TRU_
      ok, thnx again all for your suggestions in previous posts. I might need to make another success story, for our journey but that's later. On to my question

App for Barclay rewards (high credit) card was denied so i called the recon line (approved after call). As the rep was asking a few q's he "overheard" my wife ask about 2 of our other cards. He then asked if i had heard about their ring card? said its 8% ("fixed"?) APR with no BT fee. It seemed like a good idea. The funny part is that the cards my wife was asking about are "builder cards" with around 22% APR. Would it be a good idea to BT the high APR cards? i already have the figures up. if i were to transfer all of our high APR cards to the ring card, we'd save $3k in interest & pay it off about 16 months sooner. Seems like a no brainier to me, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety, so i thought I'd ask:)
    • By robdude10
      Hi,

I have no debt, and have built up a large credit line from a history of AoRs (to earn signup bonuses), currently around $280k.

I am interested now in creating relationships with credit issuers that have a history of giving out 0% APR offers to current cardholders.

I plan to leverage the 0% offers (with low BT fees) to invest in the market in mutual funds that I consider to be a reasonable risk tolerance for me. I understand that I could lose money, but in the long run if I do this every year and have a stable income that I can repay back on down years, I should make money. I already understand the risks and they are acceptable to me, but I warn that others should not follow this lead if they do not fully understand the risks.

I have heard that Penfed / NFCU both have a history of giving large credit lines and good 0% b/t transfer offers to existing customers.

I have tried searching for a comprehensive list of other "nice" issuers like this, but couldn't find any others.
      I am looking for an app o rama where I "get in the door" with the "nice" issuers so that in the future I have a nice stream of 0% APR offers.

Could someone please give me some pointers?

Thanks!
    • By doodlebugger
      I know I am putting the cart before the horse, but I am trying to get some ideas on how things might work if we do get the house we are trying to buy. The house was appraised last year at $137k, and we are getting the house for $105,000. We need to update the kitchen, and we want to consolidate some of our debt (too many small payments, plus we want to close some of the subprime products). I don't know anything about HELOCs or similar products. We would likely use Navy Fed because dh has an unsecured loan with them that he would like to consolidate, and because we have read they can do up to 95% LTV. How would they appraise the house or determine the value? How soon after closing could we do this? Would it be likely for them to do this if we have an unsecured loan that will be rolled into it? Are there fees/closing costs involved? Is this going to hurt our credit so soon after getting the mortgage? The updates on the kitchen will likely only cost $4,000. The rest of the money would go towards consolidating debt. When we get our tax refund, the bulk of that would be thrown at the HELOC/whatever too. This year is about getting our credit cleaned up, getting our finances under better control, and getting rid of some of the old accounts that we got when we first filed bankruptcy over 7 years ago. I'm just thinking about everything, and will have a bit more income next year likely, so I want to consider all the options.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lgordonproductions
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines