Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Something unexpected I've gained (along with a higher fico)

The last post in this topic was posted 2313 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Something Bob posted about got me to thinking.... (yikes!)

Not only am I increasing my credit score and securing a better future for myself & family by "fixing" my credit, but I'm learning PATIENCE. It's a really hard & boring lesson but is soooooo worth it.

Some things with credit repair just take time. Between waiting for letters to be returned, waiting for things to drop off, waiting for scores to update, waiting for 24+1, waiting, waiting, waiting... I've learned how to be patient. I don't have a choice but to be patient if I want to improve my scores.

This patience skill is improving other aspects of my life. For example I've taken the slow but steady process that is credit rebuilding and applied it to the gym & weight loss (my spreadsheets for credit repair are only riviled by my spreadsheets for calories, carbs, weight!) as well as work.

Anyone else feel this way?

Well.... Being new to the gym thing, and running a hard 1.5 miles a day for many days in a row (I only run..) today is my "rest" day.

I need to be patient, since I know I wont have a "beach body" overnight!!!

Oh yes. I couldn't ever see the light at the end of the tunnel when I began. I can't believe, now, that it's been four years. Time flies after awhile with this like anything else, somehow... I had default judgements after truly not being served, (eventually hired a lawyer to get both removed from my reports, thrown out, erased, goodbye'd) then during repair I stupidly put in some applications for credit and the collectors came out of the woodwork when my credit file became active again from that - I got sued AGAIN, fought that one myself and won... started with a BBRZ card with a $300 limit and a secured card with a $200 limit from Public Savings Bank and a buttload of student loan lates, 3 defaulted ones.... etc...

and here I am, four years later -- four years I would've had to live through regardless, but because of my determination to fix my credit, I used it to my advantage -- and my scores below show the story. Zero derogs on any report, only a couple of 90+ day lates from over 5 yearrs ago on my reports on student loans, and credit limits approaching 7K here and there. And Amex is sending me the 100K points offer (!!!)... so you can do it too. The time will pass anyway, you can either be impatient and stress a bunch about things or you can methodically keep plugging away and keep meticulous track of it all (my spreadsheets are what attracted BW to me in the first place, I think :P ) and when the time passes eventually you'll be soooo glad you did...

Not meaning "YOU" you necessarily all through this post, just generic "YOU" meaning, any person on a credit repair journey. :)

SO yes, I agree. Patience, determination, and a sense of humor are key!

Persistence, and more persistence is the key. GonnaGetEm has an apt moniker but is a hard act to follow.

I'm flattered! You know the saying, hell hath no fury like a woman denied credit!

It wasn't the spreadsheets. :P

:P

I can't be the first girl who has come here determined to pay for a chestal upgrade who managed to follow thru and even continued pulling for B* on the day of her surgery and durinig her recovery. But I may be the first who spent her entire 8 weeks recovery time learning law as it pertains to credit, and then suing a CA who was suing her first... and who won. :D

Especially when that credit is going to be used for... ;)

I JUST SAID CHESTAL UPGRADE. (we were posting at the same time, LOL)

OK, *I* was going to be a gentleman,

and not mention specifics. :P

Talk about something unexpected. :D

Dang girl,

you're the only one who can make me blush. :blush:

I should totally get a special title for that!! :D (That makes me smirk, which is awesome.)

< Blush Influence >

Edited by GonnaGetEm

I don't post much but hey, how are ya.

I feel the same way. I started coming here several years ago and had little hope that I'd be able to dig myself out of the hole I'd dug. The steps were painfully slow at times, and I had to wonder what the point was. But I close on my new house at the end of this month, scores gone from the 575 range to over 720, I'm able to reflect on all the new habits I've acquired - good habits, including patience. It didn't feel like it at the time, but I've made a lot of progress and am a different person.

Dang girl,

you're the only one who can make me blush. :blush:

I should totally get a special title for that!! :D (That makes me smirk, which is awesome.)

< Blush Influence >

Ha! Thanks for the title. :D

The last post in this topic was posted 2313 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.