Chexsystems score 132.

The last post in this topic was posted 2757 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I got my report, I had a C/O almost 5 years ago from my stupidity. I lost my job and it was either owe the bank, or owe about 4 utility companies money. If I had to do it over again, I would of let the companies go into collections instead of the bank. The amount was less than $500. Still paying on it, but since I was jobless, I settled to pay $10 a month

It's weird though, I was able to open an account at WF, Chase, ALLY and BOA, and they are all known as Chex pullers. However all the small banks in town (which I desire because they have more perks), would not approve me due to Chex.

Ally denied me a second checking account, which is really odd. I wanted one to have for my small business.

It's possible that your EWS is clean. I know Chase and Bank of Amerrica weigh heavily on EWS, and I presume for Wells, too. My Chexsysytems report doesn't even show an inquiry from Chase or BOA, so that makes me think they only check Chexsytems.

I thought the "big 4" use Chex.

They use EWS, and for a good reason:

Early Warning is a limited liability company owned by Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo. Those financial institutions - as well as hundreds of others across the country - exchange information and knowledge to obtain a single view of fraud activity across the enterprise and manage fraud on a cross-institution basis.

http://www.earlywarning.com/about2.html

No problem. Your EWS report will look similar to a credit report, where it shows your name(s), address(es), every account that reports to EWS, their monthly balance, average balance, interest paid, open/closed information, and inquiries. It's a lot more detailed than Chexsystems.

So its possible you can be in Chex systems but not on the EWSa report?? As recent as 6 months ago i tried to open a Chase checking account online, and couldnt because it kept telling me i already had an account that was in collections or oweing money( to that effect) now as of Feb 28th i decide to give the online app at try..and low and behold...they approve it! I have not checked my EWS report , but i do know the one Chase account that was c/o is reporting on Telecheck

Some banks use "combo" reports for approval; they run both EWS, Chexsystems and a credit score. I think the 132 was probably internal coding from whatever source they use. They'll say they run Chexsystems, but in fact use customized software that checks more than one source.

The best thing is to request your free annual report from:

1. Chexsystems

2. Telecheck

3. EWS **We have other posts that indicate EWS is giving some push back on providing the reports, but federal law requires them to.

4. Experian, Equifax and Transunion

I get and review my free reports every February.

The last post in this topic was posted 2757 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.