Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

mendelssohn's road to 760+

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Good stuff Mendel. Thanks for taking the time to keep it updated.

Congrats! It's great feeling like your efforts are making a difference.

Thanks, guys!

I called SMU this morning to get the ball rolling with Santander. I completed their phone application and am now waiting for someone to call back for a phone interview.

That's great when the deletions start!! :clapping::clapping:

Yeah, it feels good after years of waiting. :yahoo:

I know the feeling! It gets so rough the last few months because you've done SO much work

Congrats mendel! 2015 is our year.

I would start the EX disputes via phone even in May. A friend of mine had success at 5 months with EX via phone and I just had 4 deletions via phone and 1 of those 4 that I recently got deleted was set to fall off in August, so 4 months in my case. Just call them and start naming your October items. They have some cool CSR's that'll be upfront with you. Give you a yes or no basically. I'd start in May.

EQ has become more difficult than EX.

Edited by GR8WhiTE

I would start the EX disputes via phone even in May. A friend of mine had success at 5 months with EX via phone and I just had 4 deletions via phone and 1 of those 4 that I recently got deleted was set to fall off in August, so 4 months in my case. Just call them and start naming your October items. They have some cool CSR's that'll be upfront with you. Give you a yes or no basically. I'd start in May.

Thanks!

I will try your EX technique. :good:

Thanks!

I will try your EX technique. :good:

Just call the number that's on your report. I can't explain how good it felt to see 4 items get deleted from EX.

So far I went from (9) CO's to (2).........(1) CA to Zero......and my judgment remains. In a month or 2, all I will have on EX is that judgment.

I have two comments to make.

First (and most importantly) my left leg is asleep from sitting here and reading for two straight hours and I have to pee.

Second..if there is any doubt that patience and persitence wins the long fight, you are proof that it does. The most important thing I'm learning from CB is to develope a sense of patience and persistence. This is the only board I have been around that literally beats this into peoples heads (for our own good). You, by far have developed these traits and it's paying off. Well done.

First (and most importantly) my left leg is asleep from sitting here and reading for two straight hours and I have to pee.

Second..if there is any doubt that patience and persitence wins the long fight, you are proof that it does. The most important thing I'm learning from CB is to develope a sense of patience and persistence. This is the only board I have been around that literally beats this into peoples heads (for our own good). You, by far have developed these traits and it's paying off. Well done.

Thanks!

When you're living with long term negatives on your reports, patience and planning are key.

Edited by mendelssohn

Good stuff Mendel. Thanks for taking the time to keep it updated.

Congrats! It's great feeling like your efforts are making a difference.

Thanks, guys!

I called SMU this morning to get the ball rolling with Santander. I completed their phone application and am now waiting for someone to call back for a phone interview.

Mendel grate going hope you get Santander

Let the party start and say good buy to those dead weight TL.

Thanks!

When you're living with long term negatives on your reports, patience and planning are key.

So so true... I started planning for this year in 2011. Sad, but true.

Thanks!

I started rebuilding January 2012. I think the hardest part is looking at the falloff dates several years in the future.

Thanks!

I started rebuilding January 2012. I think the hardest part is looking at the falloff dates several years in the future.

I know, it's the "oh god, I have to wait three (or more) years" until I get there feeling

Thanks!

good skills to develop, and not just for credit report purposes

Thanks!

It's especially hard if you can't make any progress in between, but you have built yourself up from the ground and are sucessful.

Good job :good:

Thanks!

You nailed it. I switched up my "home run" philosophy to a "base hit" philosophy and it was the best thing I ever did. I stopped trying to score big overnight. That turned into slow steady success with an occasional home run.

Thanks!

You nailed it. I switched up my "home run" philosophy to a "base hit" philosophy and it was the best thing I ever did. I stopped trying to score big overnight. That turned into slow steady success with an occasional home run.

Very true. Love the baseball philosophy.

After I cleaned up my own reports, in reflection I have to say the easiest time to make the biggest mistakes is in the home stretch. I still have a an err (just one) but I'm going to be very very patient with it.

I didn't have CB around for most of my repair but I do for my better half. BIG difference and much better results, thanks to threads like this.

I just got an email from United about my Visa CC encouraging me to hit the $25K spend for 10K bonus miles. :angel::D

That was my plan anyway, and I'm going to see if I can get a second auto-CLI out of them.

So far, here's the account history:

Dec 2014 approved for $5K CL, 50K for $2K spend

$2K Jan statement

$3K Feb statement

$4K March statement

Auto CLI to $6500

I'm going to follow this plan to see if I can get another auto CLI:

$5K April statement

$5K May statement

$6K June statement

Auto CLI?

Awesome work! An inspiration indeed.

Thanks!

After reading about APR reduction on NFCU cards yesterday, I decided to call and see what they would do for me. My EQ04 was 670 last year and is 725 now. They dropped me 3 points! :swoon:

I don't carry balances, but it was more of an ego boost to see what they would give me. :D

Awesome work! An inspiration indeed.

Thanks!

After reading about APR reduction on NFCU cards yesterday, I decided to call and see what they would do for me. My EQ04 was 670 last year and is 725 now. They dropped me 3 points! :swoon:

I don't carry balances, but it was more of an ego boost to see what they would give me. :D

The ego boost is always nice :good:

Thanks, Cappy! :D

GR8, momentum makes a difference. :good:

Momentum is everything. If it's to the downside, don't fight it. If it's to the upside, sky is the limit.

Mendelssohn

It to change the subject am looking to add a amex and CLI which amex would you do and second would it be better for an amex be better first or CLI. I know hindsight is better than foresight. Especially when getting an amex.

Mendelssohn

It to change the subject am looking to add a amex and CLI which amex would you do and second would it be better for an amex be better first or CLI. I know hindsight is better than foresight. Especially when getting an amex.

A CLI on an existing Amex or another card?

Cash rewards or travel?

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.