The last post in this topic was posted 2563 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My left tonsil keeps pulsing. It doesn't "hurt", but it's uncomfortable. It is literally pulsing. I've wanted these things out for years, but was always told no. How long do I have left to live?

Decades. While annoying when your tonsils bug you it isn't life threatening. One thing you can ask your primary care physician about is possible sleep apnea. If you are a mouth breather when you sleep and you snore that can lead to a very dry mouth and throat during the night until you wake up and hydrate. This can lead to the symptom you are experiencing. If you have a bedside humidifier you can sleep with that and see if making the air in the bedroom more moist helps. If it is sleep apnea and CPAP is the treatment recommended they have units that humidify the air as well.

You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do.

Try a salt water gargle - if you still have pain and swelling after 3 days, or if it gets worse, see a doc. Tonsils are natural crap-filters so some occasional swelling is okay, but when associated with discomfort and/or redness, it should be checked out (they'll swab your throat, test it, and give you meds if needed) and treated.

My left tonsil keeps pulsing. It doesn't "hurt", but it's uncomfortable. It is literally pulsing. I've wanted these things out for years, but was always told no. How long do I have left to live?

Days, you have a chronic strep infection that will start a soft tissue infection, and since it's close to your Aorta, it will get into your bloodstream and go septicemic.

it may not be your tonsils, it may be an infected Lymph node.

My daughter had a MRSA infection on her hand about 6 years ago. It was pretty bad. Took months of antibiotics to clear up. She had about 4 medications for it.

One of my older sisters had skin cancer on her forehead, and had to have a lesion surgically removed at the hospital. She got a MRSA infection on her forehead, and ended up hospitalized for a week.

MRSA is some scary stuff.

Edited by RedHairedLady

The last post in this topic was posted 2563 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.