Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

CA's Changed Status From Individual to Joint.

The last post in this topic was posted 2435 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi,

Been reading on these forums for a few months now. BTW, Great stuff. Hopeing for a little advice here.

I have 4 negatives on my account that is killing me. I think my CR is keeping me from getting a job.

Went through hard times in crash and lost house and then more money troubles lead to divorce.

Ran CR and later found that not all CC's had been closed and had beeen run up and not paid.

Wife did BK and left me with foreclosure, 10k line of credit and a 10k CC and anoher small card.

I had pulled my CR 2 years ago and all of these were being paid but all late 180+

Now I see these accounts 2 years later as forclousure joint but all the other accounts had been changed to individual owner status. I don't remember getting this line of credit and even if I did i don't think I could get a loan off my house by myself, It would have to be joint there.

Question is what can be done here. Sure would like to make it go away. Already have Calvary Portfilo calling 2-3 times a day. Is therre a way that I can get the CC to find out dates of purchases so I can prove it wasen't me using them? It may be MDW did a BK and erased her name off and they had to name me.

I had assumed a lot of the debit on a few personal cards as per a divorce agreement. She was supposed to take care of the home. My layer never did what i had asked and pulled a CR to see that all accounts were straight. Now i'm gonna pay again.

Any help much apprecieated.

Hi,

Been reading on these forums for a few months now. BTW, Great stuff. Hopeing for a little advice here.

I have 4 negatives on my account that is killing me. I think my CR is keeping me from getting a job.

Went through hard times in crash and lost house and then more money troubles lead to divorce.

Ran CR and later found that not all CC's had been closed and had beeen run up and not paid.

Wife did BK and left me with foreclosure, 10k line of credit and a 10k CC and anoher small card.

I had pulled my CR 2 years ago and all of these were being paid but all late 180+

Now I see these accounts 2 years later as forclousure joint but all the other accounts had been changed to individual owner status. I don't remember getting this line of credit and even if I did i don't think I could get a loan off my house by myself, It would have to be joint there.

Question is what can be done here. Sure would like to make it go away. Already have Calvary Portfilo calling 2-3 times a day. Is therre a way that I can get the CC to find out dates of purchases so I can prove it wasen't me using them? It may be MDW did a BK and erased her name off and they had to name me.

I had assumed a lot of the debit on a few personal cards as per a divorce agreement. She was supposed to take care of the home. My layer never did what i had asked and pulled a CR to see that all accounts were straight. Now i'm gonna pay again.

What kind of a job are you seeking where prospective employers are pulling your credit?

I'm not equipped to help with the individual negative items on your report (many, many others here are, though), but you should tackle the negative items one or two at a time until you get some momentum. If you post some particulars (nothing personally-identifiable, of course) about the one or two items that are most concerning, you'll get follow-up questions and targeted help for your situation.

I would advise even before doing that to do plenty of reading in the newbies section. The odds that you are facing something so unique that it's never been written about is almost zero.

Good luck, and happy reading and posting.

Edited by cv91915

Hi,

Thank you for the response

I will need to do a bit more reading one concern is Calvary trying to collect on an acct that I was not aware of. They they are trying to collect on a 10.5k CC BOA / FIA acct on my CR. They have the amount correct but the original acct # is incorect.

Can anyone tell me if BOA and FIA could have diffrent account numbers? Don't want to create waves with BOA if I don't have to.

Stumped

The last post in this topic was posted 2435 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By theknowerofstuff
      Normally, I know the answer is no.

I have had BOA for about 7 years. They started off as a deposit credit card and graduated. The amount never has increased, I wont ask for one since they pull all three. They charge a fee of $79 annually and wont budge. They have offered to open a new card, but I will still loose all the time since they wont transfer it to a new card. My score is over 750 now (thanks CB!) Should I just walk away from it?
    • By ajeet
      == One and half year ago, June 2012 ==
      About one and half year ago, I had gone to an apartment complext, to discuss with them about lease transfer from my friend who was staying there. Obviously I had parked in the "Future Resident" parkin spot.
      By the time I buzz my friends door and call him down, and enter the building leasing-office, I am told, that a parking-notice ticket was served. (I honestly do not remember about that ticket. Don't remember seeing it, or anything about it.)

== January 2013 ==
      I have started monitoring my credit score using myFico thing and it has been showing excellent score.
      Dec. 2014 my score stood at 800

== 15 Dec 2014 ==
      I was talking with my bank about my mortgage, where they mention me about the "Collection account" in my credit report and my actual experian score being 668.

Upon further enquiry, I found that I have a "collection account" in the amount of $75. from

== Collection account ==
      ACS FINANCIAL LLC
      Address:
      PO BOX 55849
      SEATTLE, WA 98155
      (206) 367-1720
      Account Number:
      XXXXXXXX
      Original Creditor:
      PLATINUM PARKING LLC
      Address Identification Number:
      0XXXXXXXXX0
      Jan 2014.
      Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on
      record until Apr 2020.
      Date Opened:
      11/2013
      Reported Since:
      01/2014
      Date of Status:
      01/2014
      Last Reported:
      01/2014
      Type:
      Collection
      Credit Limit/Original Amount:
      $68
      Recent Balance:
      $72 as of 01/2014

This single item is dragging my score down by (probably) 100 points. I have tried to contact the original Creditor and CA people over phone asking if there is any way of removing this collection account against my name, and I was not successfull.

I am thinking of following three options (in order of likelyhood)
      1. Contact Lexington-Law and with their help ask the original creditors to let go of the original credit, with incentives.
      2. Pay of the Collection-Agency full amount
      ( Q : Can any one tell how much it will impact my credit score ? )

Can someone with experience with small amount (<$100) collection-account please help me out with what is the correct course I should take ?
      Also I did not understand why my "FICO" score from equifax is "800" but my bank-person is saying experian score is "668" ?
      Can they have such big differences in them ?

• By sundaythree
      Hi All,

I found this board by accident in Mid November and am so glad I did. I've been feeling quite a bit of despair regarding my bad credit. My bad credit forces me to live a life with very limited choices. I could give a heartbreaking story about why I am in this boat and tell you all about my ex-wife, divorce, custody etc and blame a lot of it on her. The simple truth is that I am to blame and I am the one who needs to fix it. What I like most about what I've read is the support given and genuine responses when good things happen. This is a great forum, and I can't wait to be a part of it.

I'm taking it slow in the beginning because there is so much information. I've read and re-read the "required" material from psychdoc, whychat, newbie forum etc. Because of the reading I've done, I decided in Mid December to first opt out, I pulled my reports from creditreport.com, and just today I called TU to ask for my old address to be deleted. It was simple and easy and I had a bit of thrill run through my veins when he said yes and then deleted my phone numbers as well. I know this is the low hanging fruit of the path I'm taking, but its a great feeling to be in control!

My next steps are to try for the deletion of my old address from equifax and experian, and then re-read all the info I've looked at in order to properly triage my baddies.

If there is one question I have to begin with, it's this: Is creditreport.com an "okay" place to get my initial CR's? I've seen a lot of talk about myfico. Should I pull from there instead?

I'm planning on being an active member in this forum and I look forward to talking with you and hopefully one day, offer my own advice as well.
    • By HouseBound0829
      Hello and Thanks in advance for your help. Well, the roaches have come out and I have recieved two different letters from medical collection agencies after a mortgage pull. I honestly do not know if they are valid debts. They are not currently reporting on any of my credit reports, however, I am positive that they will of I don't respond to their letters. One of the letters as a service date of 2/10/2011 for a balance Due of $900.00 the collection agency name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The other letter is From xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for $96.30 it does not have a service date on it. Should I send the Medical Validation Letter to the CAs from WhyChats page? I want to make sure I handle this properly in the right steps. Thanks again for your help.
    • By funkiehouse
      Noticed this on the Barclays site. Any thoughts on this? Is there a BOA US Air product I don't know about? I think there use to be a BOA US Air debit card...

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Touchdowns73
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines