Electric wheelchairs...

The last post in this topic was posted 2564 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Okay. you use to see these little scooter things for decrepit old fogies wise and kindly elders. Any suggestions on where I can find them now-a-days?

Grams is barely getting out of bed anymore, and even if she isn't walking, at least getting her out of the house and riding her scooter as I walk around the block will get her some fresh air and sunlight, and keep her sitting upright for a few minutes...

Her doctor swears they just can't be found anymore but you can buy them from amazon... are the little scooters any better or worse than the wheel chairs or is it just a matter of preference?

Medical supply house?

The big companies that used to advertise them on TV went out of business after the government cracked down on them for defrauding Medicare into paying to buy one (or more) for people who didn't really need it.

If you're going to be along, why not push her in a manual wheelchair? Some exercise for you too then.

Edited by mk_378

My father calls them "mall Harleys." LOL

He REALLY needed one too and as I started to do the research on getting one for him he passed away. They are still very available. I started with a Craig's List search to see if someone was selling a good used one they no longer needed. Look under medical equipment. If you Google "motorized scooter for elderly" you will find pages of links to choose from. You can also look for a local durable medical equipment business and see if they will rent one monthly if the cost of purchase is daunting.

When traveling many places (especially in Florida) and amusement parks will rent them. When we did Disney we rented him one and though he balked at first, with his oxygen tanks it is the only way he could have EVER done the park. The bonus is you get front of the line treatment on many rides.

The last post in this topic was posted 2564 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.