Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Which lender uses Equifax for used car loan? please advise

The last post in this topic was posted 2450 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi I'm new to this forum and wonder which bank or financial institution is using Equifax for used car loan.

Im asking because my EQ is perfect not like Experian where i have 2 charge offs and score of 630 low limit util; 3%

EQ 738

util: 3%

low card limit

clean record

one installment from 2007 paid on time

Capital One Auto Finance pulls Equifax according to the Credit Pulls database. However, I would work under the assumption that any auto loan application is going to result in as many as all three CRA reports being pulled. If you want them to focus on Equifax, I'd suggest putting a freeze on Experian and Transunion, then hope they will be sufficiently happy with the Equifax pull. If they ask you why you have a freeze, just tell them you were concerned about identity theft after the Target breach.

@ Semistatic. Thanks for the info. I just joined the DCU! Do you know how long should I wait before applying for the loan? were you a member a long time before applying for refinancing? My EQ just raised to 751. I'm actually looking for a new car loan with around 20% down for 55k car

Navy Federal and PenFed only pull EQ, got my first car loan from Navy Federal about 3 years after BK with a score of around 700. 100% financing on 30K but BK wasn't showing on EQ as I successfully had EQ remove the BK.

@ Semistatic. Thanks for the info. I just joined the DCU! Do you know how long should I wait before applying for the loan? were you a member a long time before applying for refinancing? My EQ just raised to 751. I'm actually looking for a new car loan with around 20% down for 55k car

I actually applied for the loan and was approved before joining. Once I was approved, I did the membership. They were very helpful about everything there - with that score, you should have no issue depending on DTI. Good luck :)

I actually applied for the loan and was approved before joining. Once I was approved, I did the membership. They were very helpful about everything there - with that score, you should have no issue depending on DTI. Good luck :)

So DCU pulled my credit on EQ when opening the checking account and that lower my score 3 points to 748. I will wait till next week when Ill get the pin and my checking account with DCU will be active. I don't have any debt so my DTI is 0%. Just my available credit is low as I only have 2 cards with low balance. I work and can provide pay stubs if necessary. Will keep you guys posted. Thank you for help.

So DCU pulled my credit on EQ when opening the checking account and that lower my score 3 points to 748. I will wait till next week when Ill get the pin and my checking account with DCU will be active. I don't have any debt so my DTI is 0%. Just my available credit is low as I only have 2 cards with low balance. I work and can provide pay stubs if necessary. Will keep you guys posted. Thank you for help.

Anything over 680 I think will get you DCU's best rate - you should be fine :)

Anything over 680 I think will get you DCU's best rate - you should be fine :)I

I'm Shocked by how smooth this went! I got approved on Tuesday after a phone conversation with the bank, wednesday i got the check in mail for the total value of the car. Saturday i picked up this beauty 1.99%!!! for 65months… for a used car! Finance manager at the dealer was in little shock when he saw my APR! I Love this bank!

Thank you so much for help! It was a really plesant expiriance and will definitely use them again for years to come!

Anything over 680 I think will get you DCU's best rate - you should be fine :)I

I'm Shocked by how smooth this went! I got approved on Tuesday after a phone conversation with the bank, wednesday i got the check in mail for the total value of the car. Saturday i picked up this beauty 1.99%!!! for 65months… for a used car! Finance manager at the dealer was in little shock when he saw my APR! I Love this bank!

Thank you so much for help! It was a really plesant expiriance and will definitely use them again for years to come!

Awesome, and congrats! I've been very happy with them so far - they've been great to deal with :)

The last post in this topic was posted 2450 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.