Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NFCU pulls: is this normal?

The last post in this topic was posted 2446 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Opened NFCU on 2/11 - 2/12/14

Applied for the following:

1) NavCheck

2) Signature Rewards

3) HELoC

Here are the 5 HP inquiries generated, is this normal?

2/11/14 Navy FCU (Finance other than personal) - TU

2/13/14 NFCU/Visa (Finance, personal) - TU

2/14/14 Equifax MTG (Misc. & public record) - TU

2/14/14 Navy FCU (Credit Unions) - TU

2/14/14 Navy FCU (Credit Unions) - Equifax

When I signed up for my account they pulled TU. In that same day I had applied for an auto loan, and they pulled again. About a week later I had gotten the Secured nRewards card and they pulled TU again. So that was 3 within a week.

The last post in this topic was posted 2446 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mendelssohn
      Like the title says.

It expires Feb 28.

Check your email. I can't find a link on the website and all that was provided was a form to submit electronically.
    • By Menta33
      Looking to help a friend refinance a high balance mortgage at $550K 80% LTV in a county that goes up to $625K. Time horizon is about ten years before property is sold. May need non-occupying owner to sign the note also to get DTI ratios acceptable. Current note is presently in the non-occupying owner's name (brother of home occupant).

I'm looking at PenFed and NFCU so far.

PenFed offers a 5/5 at 2.875% and no origination fees with a 2% cap on adjustment and 43% DTI only needing a 680+ FICO score, however, all borrowers must reside in the house.

I don't know as much about the NFCU rates, so far it appears they offer a 5/5 at 2.5% and 0.25% origination fee but the rate varies with your FICO score, still getting more info on this one.

Other Credit Unions to consider? What about USAA, how good are their mortgage rates?
    • By Ummmmm ...
      Hello all,

I was approved in January for Navy's Cash Rewards card.
      At that time, their website advertised a rebate.
      The rebate involved spending a certain amount within 90 days, and receiving a rebate of $200.
      I called Navy this afternoon to be sure I qualify to receive this rebate.
      The representative says that my card does not have on record a five digit code that I would have had to give them when I opened the card, to take advantage of the rebate.

I know there are a lot of NFCUers out there -- anyone taking advantage of this rebate and if so, can anyone lend a hand with the five digit code?

Thank you!

• By sundaythree
      Hi All,

I found this board by accident in Mid November and am so glad I did. I've been feeling quite a bit of despair regarding my bad credit. My bad credit forces me to live a life with very limited choices. I could give a heartbreaking story about why I am in this boat and tell you all about my ex-wife, divorce, custody etc and blame a lot of it on her. The simple truth is that I am to blame and I am the one who needs to fix it. What I like most about what I've read is the support given and genuine responses when good things happen. This is a great forum, and I can't wait to be a part of it.

I'm taking it slow in the beginning because there is so much information. I've read and re-read the "required" material from psychdoc, whychat, newbie forum etc. Because of the reading I've done, I decided in Mid December to first opt out, I pulled my reports from creditreport.com, and just today I called TU to ask for my old address to be deleted. It was simple and easy and I had a bit of thrill run through my veins when he said yes and then deleted my phone numbers as well. I know this is the low hanging fruit of the path I'm taking, but its a great feeling to be in control!

My next steps are to try for the deletion of my old address from equifax and experian, and then re-read all the info I've looked at in order to properly triage my baddies.

If there is one question I have to begin with, it's this: Is creditreport.com an "okay" place to get my initial CR's? I've seen a lot of talk about myfico. Should I pull from there instead?

I'm planning on being an active member in this forum and I look forward to talking with you and hopefully one day, offer my own advice as well.
    • By iluvcb
      Does anyone have any "outside of the box" ways to attain membership at NFCU as I am to become a member as no one in my immediate family has served in the armed forces?

P.S. - I apologize for the typo in the subject line(I must have been typing to fast).

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Touchdowns73
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines